la jolla shores , wednesday feb 9 report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ya the test tube got too hot and when the water hit it ... poooof. just need a new tube and this it though.

California Diver:
ya the test tube got too hot and when the water hit it ... poooof. just need a new tube and this it though.
Hmm, that's interesting. I know that halogens get very hot out of water, but I thought that HID lights don't have this vulnerability -- haven't had any trouble with mine on this score so far. Just to make sure I'm understanding this right, you had the light on out of the water, it heated up, and when it hit the water the test tube shattered?

yup

I'm on my way guys! I'm thinking the first week in March I'm heading down to La Jolla Shores. Long drive from Phoenix, but worth it. I'll sleep in my car if I have to. The first place I ever dove after certification was at La Jolla Shores. I went no deeper than 20 fsw and totally missed the canyon altogether. Last year I finally got to see the canyon with my DM led dive from OEX. Jimmy and I went down to about 53 feet is all and was so cold that had to ascend and spend rest of dive swimming with the rays and lepoard sharks.
Ah good times. Can't wait for that long swim to the buoy.

solo_diver:
I'm on my way guys! I'm thinking the first week in March I'm heading down to La Jolla Shores. Long drive from Phoenix, but worth it. I'll sleep in my car if I have to. The first place I ever dove after certification was at La Jolla Shores. I went no deeper than 20 fsw and totally missed the canyon altogether. Last year I finally got to see the canyon with my DM led dive from OEX. Jimmy and I went down to about 53 feet is all and was so cold that had to ascend and spend rest of dive swimming with the rays and lepoard sharks.
Ah good times. Can't wait for that long swim to the buoy.

hey mike, I'm glad you like the shores... but I have some news for you - the buoy is a short swim! If you like long swims I have a few dives that are 2-3 times the swim of the buoy.

also, the water is fairly warm at 53ft, it starts getting cold at 95ft! We go up to 53ft to warm up.. :)

Scott

Come on over MIke!!! We will be waiting to show you the REAL Canyon!!!

Terry

Back
Top Bottom