Labor day weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darn, she is fast! Got it in there while I was still composing...........

Land Locked:
Looks like NS is going to be the one and only stop! Unless BS is in the mix!
Or we could do Falling Rock!

If you guys end up doing Blue Springs or Falling Rock on Monday, be sure to give me a shout. I'm busy Sat and Sun, but I could possibly dive on Monday, especially if it's Blue Springs.

Land Locked:
Darn, she is fast! Got it in there while I was still composing...........

:blinking: You betcha...I did that early this morning!

Happy Birthday , Wally..

:multi: :cheers: :multi:
:wave-smil​

HAPPY B-DAY, WALLY!! Remember - aging is mostly mental! (Unfortunately, I don't practice what I preach.)

Sorry I haven't been able to keep up with the Board. Lots of stuff at work and family. I did break out and meet a good friend at Mermet a couple weekends ago. Did five dives in two days. Finally got to bust 90 feet, which I felt was an accomplishment in my young DIVING career! I'm going to try to hit Joe's once or twice more before the water gets cool.

K2 (Kenny)

Thanks guys for the happy birthday, even if the board wouldn't let me log in Friday night.
Chris and I made it to NS and had a good time even if it rained part of the day Saturday and that night while we set up camp. Viz was around 15' for two of three dive. For a overcast day I didn't think this was too bad. The third dive had a class in the water and it was raining so we all know what happens then. We saw a ton of fish and a few things that nobody knew what we were talking about.
Overall we liked the diving and loved the facilities. If you want to dive deep this isn't the place but if you want to have a good time this is for sure a place to go. Personally, if it was a bit deeper and there were a few more things to see under water I think this place would out rank BS. For the money spent and the facilities that you have access to, NS out does BS over all.

I will know more after Tuesday as far as my work schedule is concerned. With any luck we will be able to work 4 ten hour days and I can do some Joe divin.

BTW, just logged onto the LDS web site and saw were they are going to Dale Hallow, KY next year for labor day weekend. They are doing a house boat. Those that went last year had a blast. I think this might be my plans for next years Labor Day. Orrrr, if a group of us want to plan a trip ourselves I would be up to helping organize it.

It was a good trip, even though it rained the first day!

There was abundant underwater life and we could have gone deeper
down in the trench but it was pitch black down there. I really liked the
accomodations, hot showers were a plus. Appears though that the new
owners are undecided on the future of scuba in the quarry. I hope they
decide on keeping diving available. I agree with Wally, I would drive the
extra distance to go there again over BS.
$16 entry fee including an air fill, can't go wrong there!

Land Locked:
It was a good trip, even though it rained the first day!

There was abundant underwater life and we could have gone deeper
down in the trench but it was pitch black down there. I really liked the
accomodations, hot showers were a plus. Appears though that the new
owners are undecided on the future of scuba in the quarry. I hope they
decide on keeping diving available. I agree with Wally, I would drive the
extra distance to go there again over BS.
$16 entry fee including an air fill, can't go wrong there!

Cool! Wish I could have joined you guys!
But I do leave for SoCal in 5 days!!! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom