Ladies: what to wear under the wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Olivia Chillia

Registered
Reaction score
I'll be diving with mixed groups. I'm not keen on rushing off into the poison ivy to change, so I've been wearing a two piece halter top bathing suit (which I hate with a white hot passion) under my clothes/wetsuit. It's not the most comfy thing man ever made. I'm contemplating investing in a good suit designed for actual swimming, but not sure whether it would confer any benefits a standard tank or tankini could offer.

What do you prefer to wear under your wetsuit and why? (diving skin, two-piece swimsuit, one piece swimsuit, etc?)

p.s. I'm loving this forum. So well moderated and friendly!

We usually bring one of these along
preparednesscenter_1904_29268588

The one in that pic can be found here but others are available at Cabellas, and most large sporting good supply stores offer something similiar.

For mixed group diving from shore, it is nice to have a place to change into something dry without letting it all hang out:wink:

I dive alot! and i like to be comfy so i wear a one piece swimmers suit (speedo or nike) and then when i'm finished with my dive i change into a dry bikini. i dont like wearing a two piece under my wetsuit because you never know how it shifted during the dive. undressing then becomes tricky on a diveboat full of men.

I usually wear a tankini but sometimes replace the top with a fleece cropped top (I'm small chested so support isn't an issue) since it doesn't feel icky and cold after the dive like the tankini does. I wear a dive skin over my tankini to make donning the wetsuit easier.

You could always get one of the big dive parkas to change in, I'll have to hunt around for a link to show you one. They also make a changing shelter that looks a bit like a hunting blind that's portable. I actually have a small hunting blind that I'll set up to change in sometimes :D

I've found that if you change quickly enough and use a towel (if you're diving with tech divers no towel is required) nobody ever notices.
Ber :lilbunny:

NadMat posted while I was typing, that's the thing I was talking about.

I have some swimmers suits - a nike and a speedo. Fit and support wise, these are the best. I wear a tankini at times too - this is nice for those days youdon't want to pee in your wet suit - no having to try to put a wet one piece back one. It's a toss up. They both have their pros and cons.

Tip for the day, you don't have to take your one-piece off to pee. Just pull the crotch off to one side, the stretch of the material will give you enough room to get your suit and your hand clear of the stream.

Ber Rabbit:
I've found that if you change quickly enough and use a towel (if you're diving with tech divers no towel is required) nobody ever notices.
the only way to get the attention of a tech diver is to criticize his gear configuration :lol: just a joke :D

....or you could just go commando! :D most guys do! then there is no issue with shifting/wet/two piece suits!

scuba41girl:
the only way to get the attention of a tech diver is to criticize his gear configuration :lol: just a joke :D

Not as much of a joke as you might think :D I was changing beside my techie buddies, I was buck naked and had to be careful not to bump any of them while getting out of and into clothing. When I was done I started out of the tent and one said, "When did you change? I didn't even see you leave." :doh:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom