Ladies: what to wear under the wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wear a one-piece, like a lot of people, it seems. I'll find a changeroom/bathroom to get changed in, if I can, otherwise put on a loose T-shirt/sundress and get changed under that. Seeing it's winter here, and a bit cold, I was thinking of getting a polar fleece poncho to get changed under.

I usually wear a 1pc. with a dive skin to help get into my thicker wetsuits. Most of the quarries I dive in have changing facilities, but if not, usually at the end of the day, I'll leave, go to a nearby gas staion/ convenience store to change, and maybe pick up a snack or top off my tank to warrant my coming in there. It's not usually a big problem beacuse all of the quarries are within 10mi. of a town. I can't say that I've ever dove anyplace that was in BFE. I think the idea from a earlier post of a portable changing room is an excellent idea. The closest to having to change in the wide open I've ever gotten was when I was on a collegiate equestrian team. I rode both english & western styles & had to change between times of being in the show ring. We would basically be in the middle of a field with 200-500 other competitors. We would open the vans' side doors for side curtains & then the other teammates would stand tightly together at the front of the doors with thier backs to the changee to complete the curtain. Not much in the way of privacy, but it was workable.

TeamWaldenDiving:
I think some people are far too sensitive about covering something god never intended for us to cover. read the book of genesis. If you've got it be proud of it.

Im with you on that; I cover up for others, not for me. I don't want any conservative types falling off the bench. But I do change under my tshirt, which is long, and Im fast.

I wear a bikini all day - to the dive and then i put my clothes on over the top of a soaking wet bikini at the end which is cool cos i get wet patches over my breasts lol! But i've never really been adverse to stripping off so if i need to change i generally do it whereever and if someone don;t like it it's their problem! lol

I wear a tankinie under my wetsuit. The two piece makes it easier to use the head during the surface interval. If I am going to have a long SI and I want to put something on, I put on a pair of Umbro nylon shorts. They wick the water away and dry quickly. If in a cold enviroment, I put something wool on. Wool will keep you warm when it's wet and it's cold out. Sometimes, I carry a terrycloth robe to toss on when I get out of the water. It gives me a couple extra mintues to rest before I decide what I want to about getting changed and when it is windy and a little cool, it feels cozy!

My wife wears a bikini, but it's got to have a certain kind of top, so that the knots don't irritate her neck or something. Man I'm glad I'm a guy, some speedo shorts and go.

My husband wears the bike short-type Speedos, and I wear a two-piece. No way am I dropping everything in a portapotty :11:
And I've done the extra-large t-shirt and towel thing, and used my vehicle doors for extra privacy. Or just added shorts and a shirt over my swimwear until I can get to a bathroom.

Halter tops are e-vile. At least for me. I always feel like I have something (an albatross, maybe?) hanging around my neck.

Speedo and Nike have some really cute swimwear. Only problem is finding it on substantial clearance, as the usual prices is around $80 US.

Thanks for the feedback, ladies and gentlemen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom