Lake Denton

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would it be helpful if a lake were opened up to divers that was about 60 miles south of Denton and had a depth of approximately 60' during the summer months, 53' in the winter???

This lake is the stuff of myth and legend right C :D

I still await my invitation...

Cheers.

-J.-

You should try Weeki Wachee Springs. They are open to divers and the water is Crystal Clear. You should get a hold of them. Any of the springs to the north of Tampa would be good for checkouts. You could do Hudson Grotto for that matter. You would just need to stay shallow.

Thats great for north FL folks, but for me thats a 4 hour drive and completely not worth it. It makes going for a quick dip into an all day affair.

I'll be looking further into the where my Kermit was removed and see what I can do to open that up officially and not just a parking-lot with a closed resturant. :)

Will!! That was my Kermit! Put it back please. He lived on that spear for a reason. :(

C~

They shut down all access to that lake. Everything is stripped from it now. It is all being moved to Lake Tulane..

I enjoy diving Lake Buck, poor Kermit, I will miss him there :(

who is they? This could be fun, its a state owned lake!

The owner of the restaurant and lot as well as the orchid entrance have both said they do not want anyone on there property anymore and these are essentially the only two entry points. They apparently told the shop in Sebring they would let them on the Lake one last day to get all the platforms and miscellaneous items out and would call law enforcement if anyone came onto the property after that date :shakehead: Lake Tulane is suppose to be the "New" Lake Denton and where the platforms and other items will be transported to.

Take only pictures, leave only bubbles right?

It was'nt taken to take it - it was taken along with everything else to be moved to a lake where people will be allowed to dive and can enjoy it..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom