Lake Erie Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mhoag

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi! Does anyone know of any good charters on the WESTERN side of Lake Erie? I've been looking online, but without luck. I have dives in all the Great Lakes except Erie, and thought I'd look for something there.

Thanks in advance! Meredith

If you find out let me know too because I am also interested in diving that area of the Great Lakes.

Myself and 2 others will be in the Lorain area the w/e of June 9/10. Looking to get out on the lake. Thus far, having terrible difficulty. Found a guy with a 6-pack who will do $1,000 for 2 tank dive in the mornings on Sat & Sun. We'd need 3 more to make this as cheap as possible, but at that, we're still looking at $167/person each day.

Looking to do something that w/e, if you're in the area, know someone or want to group up, reach out to me, sooner=better.

Caleb

Not that end of lake per se but an hour east out of Barcelona harbor are the Osprey charters. you can charter the boat or join an already scheduled trip. You supply all gear but there is a fill station. They tend to do deeper stuff, 100ft range plus, but a great boat and highly experienced captain and crew. Just don't expect ANY hand holding. The boat is for divers, not underwater tourists.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Not that end of lake per se but an hour east out of Barcelona harbor are the Osprey charters

I had found them a few weeks back - Welcome to Osprey Charters, Inc. Discover Lake Erie's Best Kept Secret In Shipwreck Diving and Scenic Cruises. Come on and Dive Into History !! - when I called one of the 2 captains listed on the web site, they told me they were in NY and not anywhere close to Lorain / Cleveland.

Thoughts?

We need no hand holding, just a taxi service. All our own gear, etc. Just be there when we surface, that's all we ask.

Caleb

Describe "West". Assuming from this conversation anything west of Lorain. There are litteraly hundreds of wrecks. 95% are busted up piles of wood lying in shallow water. Anying west of Point Pelee and Vermillion are not worth diving. Here are some wrecks in the Lorain area that are pretty cool- Sand Merchant, John Pridegeon, craftsman, Ivanhoe, Hickory Stick, Courtland, Morning Star, Anothny Wayne, and the Marshall F Butters.

Thanks to all for the advice on these charters! Meredith

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom