Lake George, NY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ken at Dive Adventures is the way to go. We dove with him last year a few times and had a blast. Very laid back and nice boat. The wrecks and walls are very cool. Give him a call.

Last edited:
Im going on vacation to a lakehouse in lake george and we are dragging up our 26' cobia. Im pumped to dive there. When the time comes I need to find out more information on where some of these dive sites are located. The plane, car and old warships I hear about. This will be my first lake george vacation with a little more gear than a mask and snorkel =]

The plane and the car are just off the public swimming area at Hearthstone Sate Park. I have yet to dive the warship site, but ask Rich Morin Scuba in Glens Falls for info. They are on the web. They can give you a heads up on all of those sites, and a lot more.

Hearthstone is a great facility. Nice campgrounds, close to the village and popular with local divers. We do a lot of certification dives there with classes.

There are some things to see in the water there, a small plane in about 35', a car at 55' and a small boat also at 55'. The car and plane are off the beach. There is also a great area of small ledges off the beach that have all sorts of nooks and crannies to peer into. I believe it is leftover from the glacier that originally carved out the lake and left behind some neat rock formations.

Night dives there are very cool with tons of fish "sleeping" on the bottom.

Heartstone gets busy in the summer so I would try to make reservations in advance if camping. If just there for day use then you can get there any time but earlier is good to snag a picnic table close to the water.

Is Hearthstone Point campground open for diving after the campground is closed for the season? I'd like to do a shore dive there on Sunday, 17 October 2009 if there is a place to go. I'll be traveling through from Vermont in a motorhome so am looking for somewhere along Lake George where I can park the motorhome and do a shore dive.

Is Hearthstone Point campground open for diving after the campground is closed for the season? I'd like to do a shore dive there on Sunday, 17 October 2009 if there is a place to go. I'll be traveling through from Vermont in a motorhome so am looking for somewhere along Lake George where I can park the motorhome and do a shore dive.

I can't answer that question myself, although I think there is diving there past camping season, but if you contact these people they can. I am sure they can offer you alternative options if Hearthstone is closed, as they dive and train there continually!Rich Morins, Glens Falls, NY
http://www.richmorinsproscubacenters.com/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom