Lake Jocassee Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very interesting report, although the statistics went right over my head as a "mere" OW diver :confused: ! Do you think you'd ever be able to get any pictures of the forest? If you ever do, please let me know. I'm doing a revision to my book to feature scuba at Jocassee, and I'd love to publish some.

Thanks for your story :blinking: !

Sorry about the stats. Guess I got carried away...

Started to take my camera, but that would have been way too much task loading since I wanted to run the reel. I will take the camera soon and get a few shots.

i've wanted to see the forest...but have been yet to find it. i plan on going to jocassee next weekend and would like to see the trees. if im standing on the middle ramp facing the wall what heading would i need to take to reach the forest and roughly how deep and how far out is it?

Sandmanz32,

Standing on the ramp, the woods are in the cove on your left.

Come off the left side of the ramp and enter the water heading due North. Follow the bottom contour and you will run into a guideline at about 40' deep or so. Go left (should be on a 270 degree heading), and follow the guideline to the sunken fiberglass boat. At the boat, you will take a right to the guideline heading down and North. You will see the world famous Bones family, then you will pass the "Cattle Gate" and continue to follow the guildeline down into the woods.

In addition to the guideline, my Buddy also placed a 1/4 inch rope through the woods to a traffic sign. Also - just checked my profile, and it took me 15 minutes swimming fairly slowly to get to the woods.

Dive Safe. At 130 feet, a small problem can quickly get out of hand.

looks like i was headed right the last time i went diving....some1 told us it started at 78 ft or so. we followed the guide lines and by 110ft we still hadnt found it so we turned the dive due to air and deco.....guess if we had went another 20ft we would've landed on the trees lol o well have to go there next week...thanks

Man, that sound's like fun. How far is that from Savannah Ga.? A couple hour's or so?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom