Lake Rawlings Update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depth on the thermocline?

It was around 26-28ft that I noticed it right around the drop off mostly.

Awesome, that's what I figured. Thanks for the info...headed there myself this weekend.

Any updates on conditions from this past weekend would be greatly appreciated. Heading that way at the end of the month. First time diving Lake Rawlings. Looking forward to some camping/diving. Anyone else heading out that way at the end of the month?

Any updates on conditions from this past weekend would be greatly appreciated. Heading that way at the end of the month. First time diving Lake Rawlings. Looking forward to some camping/diving. Anyone else heading out that way at the end of the month?

Surface temp is 71 degrees. Temp at 60' is 59 degrees. Things are starting to ramp up for the summer, so expect a lot of people!! But there is a lot to see, and an enjoyable place to camp and dive. There were about 30 of us down this weekend, and all had a great time!!!

Yrth,
I think I was camped two doors down from you guys this weekend.

As for the lake,
I had similar readings, except 54 @ the bottom. Due to inversion, the first thermocline was all over the place though, sometimes 19, sometimes not till 25ish. Weather was killer, low to mid 80's, with only a spot of rain last night. Viz was comparatively horrible though, in the fifteen to twenty foot range...worse down deep. The number of students, combined with the amount of rain, and the inversion all came together to fog it up. Still wonderful though, the lake is a great place to train. Have fun.

- H

Good to hear it is warming up. I will be there the last weekend of the month. Dove at Dutch Springs today with similar temps.

Surface temp is 71 degrees. Temp at 60' is 59 degrees. Things are starting to ramp up for the summer, so expect a lot of people!! But there is a lot to see, and an enjoyable place to camp and dive. There were about 30 of us down this weekend, and all had a great time!!!

Yeah, I had pretty much figured out there would be a lot of people there. I'm going more for the camping than I am the diving. I'm a little worried about temp, I might have to rent/buy another wetsuit, I have a 1mm and a 3mm. I'm more of a southern diver, but I'm stationed out here now, and I'll probably be here for awhile so I figure I might as well start enjoying some of the diving around here. I'll ask again, is anyone heading out there the weekend of the 26-28th of June, I'll be bringing a pop up camper and a cooler full of adult beverages.

Back
Top Bottom