Lake Tahoe dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Question though - this wall, or is it called rubicon - is it accessible by boat only? Or can we reach it via the beach and kick a bit? We are used to kicking as we do it at point lobos all the time.

Rubicon wall is in D.L. Bliss State Park. Get there early if you want a good parking spot (on the weekend) and be prepared to kick. You can surface swim to it, but it is quite a ways from the beach to the wall dropoff.

Thanks. I won't mind the swim too much but we'll see once we get there :)

Yeah - enjoy the rocks - lol. I really don't expect to see much other than the sand, rocks, and crawfish. But at least it gets me wet and logs a dive, so it should be somewhat fun.

Thanks for the info on the site. We will more than likely make this trip during the week day then.

Nice to get some reports from Tahoe. Thinking of checking out the diving there this summer. Sounds like another world... all dynamic bathymetry.

Cheers,
Megan

Actually - come to think of it, THIS was the best thing to see in Lake Tahoe that weekend. :D J/k

Look at how lame that rec wing is... I had to do acrobatics to dump air from it. Anyone want a rec wing CHEAP?

IMG_0709.jpg

I'm looking forward to my first time diving Tahoe this weekend. Haulin my boat up. Would anyone care to share GPS coordinates on cool things to see around Rubicon and Emerald bay?

Mike

I'm looking forward to my first time diving Tahoe this weekend. Haulin my boat up. Would anyone care to share GPS coordinates on cool things to see around Rubicon and Emerald bay?

Mike
No need for GPS coords Rubicon wall is a good dive anywhere along its face. And for Emerald Bay once you enter the bay look for the mooring ball on the left (south) side of the bay, tie up to it and drop in. the wrecks are toward shore by a few feet.

No need for GPS coords Rubicon wall is a good dive anywhere along its face. And for Emerald Bay once you enter the bay look for the mooring ball on the left (south) side of the bay, tie up to it and drop in. the wrecks are toward shore by a few feet.

Ron, how far from the island and in what direction are we talking for the buoy?

Could it be done with a scooter from shore? If so what is the best staging area?

Ron, how far from the island and in what direction are we talking for the buoy?

Could it be done with a scooter from shore? If so what is the best staging area?
I haven't entered the bay from the road,I've only done the barges from Kents boat.
I'd say its 1 or 2 hundred yards from the Island.
The approximate location is here google map
I'm sure you could do it with a scooter from the park launch.

Speaking of the lake - is there anywhere within the lake area that refills tanks? I saw two dive shops but one is in Reno and the other in Carson. Was hoping to fill the tanks locally but so far have not had much luck just searching for dive shops or scuba.

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom