Lake Travis viz ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was at WP yesterday. I guess Bladesmith might have been the 3 male divers with wives and children? Viz is dropping a bit. I stayed at 40 and above. Ambient light is still great but there are some particles in the water. Viz was probably 10-15. You can still see the turtle from platform #1. Water is warming up, it's a balmy 66-68 degrees. The viz actually cleared up significantly the further south I swam. It's still crystal clear out by the platform with the scuba diver and the tunnel.

Windy Point was great. Viz was 25 plus in spots, wind had some suspended matter floating around. At one point I looked up from 35ft and could see the waves on the surface. Good viz down to 70ft, if the sun had been out it would have been better. Had a 5 mil on with hood and I was fine. Had a great time with my son. Richard

Rum Bum, you must have got there after we left. There was a group of three divers there when we left. We were gone by 2:00pm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom