Last minute dive buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bostondiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, I am looking for a possible last minute dive buddy to go to Roatan or possibly cozumel. I am an experienced but slightly rusty diver who did marine research and extensive diving years ago and only recreational diving since.

I am pretty easy-going and like a dive buddy who checks in and doesn't just take off. I was hoping for a female to avoid the single room supplement.

Places I was considering were Anthony's key Resort or Coco view.

Holly

I am booked as a single for a trip to Cozumel Aug 9-16 with a group and paid an arm and a leg since I couldn't find a roommate. I wish you had posted this a few months ago! :)

If you can't find anyone, Roatan is a great place to go as a single. I went to Roatan in Jan 2003 and stayed at Fantasy Island--I LOVED it and am thinking of trying to go back next year . I have researched single rates in Roatan and have to say that the hotels there have the most reasonable single supplement I have ever seen. Fantasy Island's single supplement is less than $100 for a week! I think CocoView and Anthony's Key rates and single supplements are a little higher but still unbelievable compared to other dive destinations. We toured Anthony's Key--nice place, very rustic, very few rooms with AC if that's important to you. CocoView I haven't seen but have read numerous reports--it's usually described as a dive camp. They take you on the boat in the am for one dive, then drop you on the walls/wrecks in front of the resort for the second dive, same thing in the afternoon. Plus you can shore dive anytime you want. There is also unlimited shore diving at Fantasy Island--same walls/wrecks as Cocoview as they are right across the channel from each other. At FI you just let them know and they leave tanks for you at the gazebo. You can't go wrong with anyplace you pick in Roatan--just make sure to take bug spray!!!!

Anyway I have been to Coz 5 times about to be 6, as well as Roatan and Belize, so PM me if you have any questions about any of these places! :)

Holly,

I may be interested in Co Co View in late August. I would be happy to avoid the single surcharge. Please check your PM.

Nao

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom