Lauderdale by the Sea Beach dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am there all the time (well not as much this year as I have discovered macro & BHB) but never have I had a problem with any of them. Please keep in mind they are doing their job & if the meter is out you get a ticket. Most meters have a 10 min default & if the zeros are steady I believe they won't ticket until they start blinking (based on the premise that all watches are not equal!). The unloading part is a bit of a problem-our gear is heavy & if there isn't a spot close it would be nice to do so. There is a sign right where many pull up that says No Parking so maybe don't pull up too close to that put the blinkers on & if they come by politely beg. Maybe we should inform someone at City Hall to help be a little more understanding as there are more divers than parking spaces that we will quickly unload & move the car so not to block traffic

D2D, sounds nice, however there is ONE parking lady, who's goal in life is to hand out parking tickets. I and 2 other friends cars have been ticketed by her and still had money in the meter! Little more to the story, but won't go into it here.
On Saturday, part of our group was loading their vehicle, doors open and backed in so they could load the gear. She was gonna write them a ticket even though it was quite obvious what was happening.
This particular attendant is the only one who causes problems. I have NEVER had a problem with any other one in the years that I have been diving there. She will get nasty with you if you try to argue. I have seen this first hand. No compromise or amount of politeness will do. Of all the attendants, this is the only one who is a problem. All the rest of them to the best of my knowledge are very understanding when loading or unloading gear.
maybe a formal complaint would work? The sign does say no parking, it doesn't say anything about it not being a loading/unloading zone. Quite the difference in my opinion..

Yeah, she's nasty alright.
I was unloading gear when she started yelling at me about the No Parking sign.
Being the smart @ss I am, I got into my car, started it, got out and began un loading again.
She yelled at me again about NO Parking.
I politely told her I wasn't Parked.........I was Standing.
Then I asked her where the No Standing sign was.
She ran to her truck for the camera.
By then I was finished unloading the tanks and weights so I jumped in my car and pulled out,
parked a few blocks away and made a few trips to unload the rest on the gear.
Still.....it was fun ruffling her feathers.
I wonder how long it'll take to add the No Standing anytime sign?

Y'all need to complain about her. LBTS relies on tourism and she is chasing away people who want to spend money.

I haven't dived LTBS in a couple of years because I am so over the parking ****s. I've gone to court twice to fight unfair parking tickets there. I won both times. But I lost a few hours of my time that I'll never get back.

Someone bring a video camera and record her tiraids to the tourist. Send copies to the city commission along with some signatures and the reason's the city should prmote LBTS as the world class diving spot it is.. not chase $1,000 's away over a quarter.

D2D, sounds nice, however there is ONE parking lady, who's goal in life is to hand out parking tickets. I and 2 other friends cars have been ticketed by her and still had money in the meter! Little more to the story, but won't go into it here.
On Saturday, part of our group was loading their vehicle, doors open and backed in so they could load the gear. She was gonna write them a ticket even though it was quite obvious what was happening.
This particular attendant is the only one who causes problems. I have NEVER had a problem with any other one in the years that I have been diving there. She will get nasty with you if you try to argue. I have seen this first hand. No compromise or amount of politeness will do. Of all the attendants, this is the only one who is a problem. All the rest of them to the best of my knowledge are very understanding when loading or unloading gear.
maybe a formal complaint would work? The sign does say no parking, it doesn't say anything about it not being a loading/unloading zone. Quite the difference in my opinion..

I am so sorry that everyone is having problems as I have never experienced this side of the parking situation. I hope things improve as it is a wonderful site to dive.
FYI The pier lot is only $10 for the day. I parked there in June & shared the cost with my dive buddy. So that is an option but I think it gets full by ~10:30

Ahh the lovely Parking Nazzi.. No unloading/loading for you!! She is a tool and literally has nothing better to do with her sour life..

Ready to do it again Jenny? LOL

you betcha! Wanna try for Saturday morning? I hope to be feeling much better by then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom