Lauderdale by the Sea Beach dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i'm cool with the same place.. I mean, like, I didn't get to dive there last weekend! :rofl3:

Hibiscus again?
If you're going to do it again hopefully I can be there.

Maybe this time I won't wind up in the wrong place:D

Google it, map it, go there this week, and maybe we'll see ya!

LOL
Yeah I did that the night before but since I wasn't all there in the morning I thought the street I was supposed to be on was Datura not Hibiscus. So in my mind I was in the right place.

No big deal, I enjoyed the sun while I was there.:D

LOL
Yeah I did that the night before but since I wasn't all there in the morning I thought the street I was supposed to be on was Datura not Hibiscus. So in my mind I was in the right place.

No big deal, I enjoyed the sun while I was there.:D

There were a bunch of divers going out from Datura, did you try to hook up? (just curious)

As a follow up to my dive at the Pompano Drop Off I dove the Lauderdale by the Sea Reef. This reef is found off the end of Commercial Blvd. I dove to the south of the pier though I understand this site also has diving access to the north of the pier. Now, I will not post pics of the reef because they are so similar to those I just posted for the PDO, however, I want ot say, this is a pretty reef and an easier dive with less swim required.

Here is the site:

LBS.jpg

I believe I parked at the Datura Ave. parking lot.

Here is what it looked like:

P6110126.jpg

P6110130.jpg

The Commercial Blvd Pier as viewed looking north from the access point:

P6110127.jpg

Great dive here, notice the dive flag marking the entrance and also on the Google Map. The reef here is not as far as the PDO Reef. While very similar I felt this reef did not have quite as much life, probably due to it's proximity to shore. OK, OK, one pic, here is a typical scene along the reef break, very colorful fish and lot's of whips and fans and that sorta thing:

P6170017_edited-1.jpg

N

Great dive spot my schools dive team always does beach dives from the same spot but the reef never looked like that lol :rofl3::rofl3:

When I got there, there were a bunch of students and a couple that had a third lung.
I was going to ask the couple but they forgot something and the lady had to leave to get it.

Just to add guilt to it all, we were wondering where you were!

Just to add guilt to it all, we were wondering where you were!

We went out in groups i picked mine i picked the slow pokes lol xD but we got to the Tire reef ..... aka ******* Reef if you ask me never got out that far but next time i wanna go farther lol xD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom