LCHF or Ketogenic Diet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nope. Summarise and make your argument. Then, I'll consider it. Just linking to a YT video is intellectual laziness.
Nope. This entire thread is the context and I have stated many of the concepts already so only an idiot or an intellectually lazy reader would perfer an interpretation (summary) of his words rather information directly from the authority.

My other half has recently picked up keto... I guess my mack n cheese and stout that I'm currently enjoying in the pub isn't keto...I gave up my slice of pie for dessert a year ago and lost my little turned 50 years old belly.
I support my wife in any way I can, there is a chrismas present spiralizer in my truck right now, we will turn lots of delicious veggies I grow into yummy dishes. A meal service I sell to recently had a kohlrabi spaghetti dish that I'm intrigued to try.

My other half has recently picked up keto... I guess my mack n cheese and stout that I'm currently enjoying in the pub isn't keto...I gave up my slice of pie for dessert a year ago and lost my little turned 50 years old belly.
I support my wife in any way I can, there is a chrismas present spiralizer in my truck right now, we will turn lots of delicious veggies I grow into yummy dishes. A meal service I sell to recently had a kohlrabi spaghetti dish that I'm intrigued to try.
Like me my other half loves good food, hates fast food and while he doesn't do aerobics he continues to lift the same weights as he did as a younger man. He had little interest in dietary changes but obviously when I no longer felt the need to include a starch at each meal he didn't eat one.

He still has his morning granola, Greek yogurt and blueberries breakfast, tortilla chips and guacamole or salsa as snacks, sweetens his many cups of coffee a day with Agave and drinks his beer. But he has also seen a decline in his waist circumference and can no longer "pinch an inch."

We both have found we like the veggie noodle better than pasta. We leave the noodles raw and let the warm sauce slightly cook them. Keeps a nice crispness to the dish.

Ok. So here is a snap shot of my week. So far today I have had 18 total carbs/14 net, 106 fat and 92 protein for total of 1390 cal. It is a bit unusual in that I didn't have a salad for lunch and less veggies than usual. Hence my net is low. Tonight I will focus more on veggies with my fried oysters and bring the net/fiber total up a bit. I may even throw in some fresh strawberries with my whipped cream.

Headed up to do some elliptical. Let’s see if I collapse on the machine :wink:

Seriously though, are my workouts harder? They are a bit. I especially feel it more in my hamstrings. The first 10 minutes are the hardest but that was true for me before the diet change, just a little more so. Once I get into the music and forget the effort it all smooths out.

The end of the first week was especially tough. My leg muscles felt, well hollow for lack of a better term. I think it was the morning of 6th day that it was especially bad. Not just exercise but any activity. I remember I was in Lowes hardware and thought I was going to collapse. But by that afternoon it was like I had broke through a wall and was feeling much better. I haven’t had that sensation since. I think some call it the keto flu.

Attachments

• 137EB650-AAEB-41AC-9E00-7236B95AEFC7.png
    137EB650-AAEB-41AC-9E00-7236B95AEFC7.png
    72.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
only an idiot or an intellectually lazy reader would perfer an interpretation (summary) of his words rather information directly from the authority.
While I can handle the heat of a lively discussion, I'm not interested in participating in a dialog which has devolved to direct personal attacks. For me, discussing actions is one thing, name-calling is another.

But it's your thread, steer it anywhere you want. I'm quitting.

While I can handle the heat of a lively discussion, I'm not interested in participating in a dialog which has devolved to direct personal attacks. For me, discussing actions is one thing, name-calling is another.
Y
But it's your thread, steer it anywhere you want. I'm quitting.
I named no one but only labeled an individual that engaged in a certain behavior. So idiot is a problem but intellectually lazy (quoting your term) is not?

But I am curiously ok with with your choice to leave the discussion.

Last edited:
Fad diets are unsustainable for life, not to mention not much fun. Counting grams of carbohydrate and other nutrients every day of my life? That would take all the enjoyment out of eating and cooking, which I really enjoy. I eat mainly what I want, but I happen to like vegetables a lot, so a huge volume of what I eat consists of the kind of vegetables that I guess the Atkins crowd calls "low glycemic index" or something like that. I have long suspected that there is a whole lot of overlap between obese people and people who don't REALLY like vegetables. I consider bread, pasta, rice, tortillas, sugary foods, fried foods, etc., to be the equivalent of candy--if I eat them, it's as a special treat, not part of my everyday fare. Grains--some but very much in moderation. It doesn't take a nutritional scientist to have a layperson's understanding that the body is as as happy to convert white bread into something your body stores as unneeded energy reserves as it is a candy bar. I suppose my diet is lower in carbohydrates than the average American's, but it's also lower in fat, and consequently, probably fewer daily calories. So who knows whether it's the total calorie intake or something more mysterious involving this decade's chosen villain, carbohydrates. I don't care, so long as I maintain my weight and overall health. Seems like a common-sense way to live to me, not a "diet," and I am happy to eat as I have been for the rest of my life.

Back
Top Bottom