Learn me on drysuit ring systems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@ScubaFeenD: How tight do you wear your wrist straps on computers, bottom timers, and compasses? Mine are not tight at all. I suppose that one could tighten them up a little if the leak was distal to the wrist strap(s)...but it won't stop the water from coming in through a busted seal (in the absence of a backup wrist seal).

Oh I don't wear mine tight either but from what I understand the old DIR perspective was that you could tighten it down to slow incoming flow. I could be wrong though and I have never tried that mechanism either. However, I AM very interested in the DC ring system and UTD system.

Oh I don't wear mine tight either but from what I understand the old DIR perspective was that you could tighten it down to slow incoming flow. I could be wrong though and I have never tried that mechanism either. However, I AM very interested in the DC ring system and UTD system.

The UTD system is very similar to the DC system but less bulky.

-Manufacturer: Northern Diver
-Model name: Dry Glove System V2
-Approximate price: $170 CDN (much cheaper in the UK)
-Suitable for large hands? Suitable for small hands? Can handle very large hands easily.
-Are the rings bulky? A bit, but I don't think it's that bulky.
-Third party (cheap) gloves available? Yes (uses standard blue gloves with separate liner)
-Preserves redundant wrist seal? Yes.
-Professional installation of rings required? No. Took me 15 minutes (including watching the DVD)
-Are gloves easy to put on before a dive (opinion)? Trivially easy.
-How often do they leak from the ring (opinion)? I highly doubt they will, but I haven't been in the water yet.
-Any other thoughts or facts? The double lock bayonet system is amazing and easy to use even wearing the gloves. They are easy to take off but won't accidentally come off.

In regards to hand size, Did you mean unusually large hands or just anything larger than medium? I'm interested in the Viking ring system but your post has me a little bit concerned. I wear a size 10 glove which is usually either a large or XL, depending on manufacturer. If you could offer any input it'd be appreciated.

Thanks

I wear XL dry gloves and the Viking rings work just fine.

In regards to hand size, Did you mean unusually large hands or just anything larger than medium? I'm interested in the Viking ring system but your post has me a little bit concerned. I wear a size 10 glove which is usually either a large or XL, depending on manufacturer. If you could offer any input it'd be appreciated.

Thanks

I also wear XL gloves with my Viking rings and they are fine. Be sure to use a paint marker to mark your drysuit with the ring alignments if you plan on removing and reinstalling them once you figure out where you want them.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom