Leg cramps during dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuby, if gingko works by thinning the blood, then folks on aspirin therapy should be doubly smart.

I always strectch my leg muscles, hamstrings, calfs toes. I stretch and hold the stretch till muscles hurt then release. I do this a couple of times each muscles and so far I have never had a cramp:)

Tried the stretches (and 3 bananas and about a gallon of water), still had some mild cramps but nothing flexing my calves couldn't shake - not as bad as before. I also put larger bungee straps on my knife in case they were cutting circulation at all (yes, I still strap a knife to my leg - but fortunately the rubber fin straps catch the kelp first so its not a problem :rolleyes: ) So the problem is reducing, hopefully some more time with the exercises suggested will continue to improve!

Thinking of getting some JetFins though - tried doing some frogkicks today to alter the muscles I was working - surprisingly, Cressi SpaceFrogs suck for frogkicking! Anyone know what size JetFin I need for a US size 12 beetlecrusher?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom