Leisurepro online

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just bought my reg. An aqualung titan LX that Leisurepro is selling for $199 and my dive shop lists for $540. I paid about twice what LP is asking from my dive shop but mostly because I was working with the owner and he spent almost 2 hours going through dozens of regs and other things with me.
Then... I mentioned LP. He popped a cork. Then he also brought up aqualungs main page Aqua Lung - Professional Diving Equipment and there's a link right on the main page about LP & their selling "grey market" regulators (whatever that is).
Leisure Pro is NOT an authorized Aqua Lung dealer

I just bought my reg. An aqualung titan LX that Leisurepro is selling for $199 and my dive shop lists for $540. I paid about twice what LP is asking from my dive shop but mostly because I was working with the owner and he spent almost 2 hours going through dozens of regs and other things with me.
Then... I mentioned LP. He popped a cork. Then he also brought up aqualungs main page Aqua Lung - Professional Diving Equipment and there's a link right on the main page about LP & their selling "grey market" regulators (whatever that is).

And the dealers point is?

So, in your view, his time is worth about $160/hr?

That was quite charitable of you. Do you stop at pan handlers on street corners too? If you feel a need to give your money away I think Project AWARE would be a much better place for charitable divers. Or maybe Divers Alert Network.
Personally I shop on the internet for best price and best price from an authorized dealer. Then I take my findings to a few LDS. If a LDS was to blow a cork on me he'd also blow me out the door. More often then not a LDS matches or beats the prices I've found and end up with my business. I don't need to be charitable with LDS' which allows me to support DAN, Project AWARE and PADI Diving Society among others.
After all business should be business and charity is another thing all together.

John,
It's your money and your choice. The Titan LX is a great reg. I bought another one from Leisurepro. I could not resist the $174.95 price with free shipping that they had in early Dec. The $540. price for a Titan LX does sound a bit inflated, however.

kh
USCG Master 100 ton

OK, he discounted it... as I said I paid about $400.
Lets do the math.
He said that with a valid warranty I get free parts for a full rebuild every other year. I dont know how long this goes on for but this is worth a few bucks. Lets assume this happens twice and saves me around $25 each time. So now I am out of pocket around $150. plus, any failures not caused by abuse are fully covered. Maybe this will save me another $50 over the life of the regulator. Now I'm down around $100. As I said, I took 2 hours of this guys time. $50 an hour, and I cemented a friendship that I hope will pay dividends over time. So depending on how you spin it, it really isn't that bad or that charitable.
For those of you who are serious... No I dont give money to pan handlers but I do give to valid charitable organizations (& the women who makes me my coffee every morning at my local coffee shop)
I have to admit, what first attracted me to the Titan was the LP price, but then I figured that an investment on life-support equipment that should last me a minimum of 10 years may be worth a few extra bucks.
Oh, he also "tuned" my octo (saying the model I got had a tendency to free flow) and then also hooked up & tested my computer.

OK, he discounted it... as I said I paid about $400.
Lets do the math.
He said that with a valid warranty I get free parts for a full rebuild every other year. I dont know how long this goes on for but this is worth a few bucks. Lets assume this happens twice and saves me around $25 each time. So now I am out of pocket around $150. plus, any failures not caused by abuse are fully covered. Maybe this will save me another $50 over the life of the regulator. Now I'm down around $100. As I said, I took 2 hours of this guys time. $50 an hour, and I cemented a friendship that I hope will pay dividends over time. So depending on how you spin it, it really isn't that bad or that charitable.
For those of you who are serious... No I dont give money to pan handlers but I do give to valid charitable organizations (& the women who makes me my coffee every morning at my local coffee shop)
I have to admit, what first attracted me to the Titan was the LP price, but then I figured that an investment on life-support equipment that should last me a minimum of 10 years may be worth a few extra bucks.
Oh, he also "tuned" my octo (saying the model I got had a tendency to free flow) and then also hooked up & tested my computer.

Those free parts you could get from any authorized dealer if you purchased from an authorized dealer and can prove it with a dated receipt. So he didn't save you anything there. If you purchase from an authorzed dealer you get a warranty and as long as you don't abuse your gear the warranty applies for it's term. Again you didn't save anything.
A good LDS would have met the advertised priced or sweetened the deal to make it worth the difference between MAP and an online advertized price. This is business it has nothing to do with building a friendship.
I find both your math and your thinking to be just plain wrong.

Those free parts you could get from any authorized dealer if you purchased from an authorized dealer and can prove it with a dated receipt. So he didn't save you anything there. If you purchase from an authorzed dealer you get a warranty and as long as you don't abuse your gear the warranty applies for it's term. Again you didn't save anything.
A good LDS would have met the advertised priced or sweetened the deal to make it worth the difference between MAP and an online advertized price. This is business it has nothing to do with building a friendship.
I find both your math and your thinking to be just plain wrong.

but... the whole point of this discussion is that Leisure Pro IS NOT an authorized dealer.

The real point of this discuss is getting the maximum value for your dollar spent whether that be from LP, another online reseller or your LDS.
LP sets a price and if they are not an authorized dealer for that line they back it up with their own warranty. Other online resellers and LDS match prices or add value to the deal with other items. The one you went to didn't. You you just accepted it and try to justify it using fuzzy logic.

I know I paid about $200 more for my first BC from the LDS than I would have paid on-line.

Were I being sensible about things, I would have bought on-line rather than overpay by $200.

Were I REALLY sensible, I would have bought used, and probably saved over $400.

Back
Top Bottom