LeisurePro purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am thinking of getting my own compressor too, so you think the Max Air is a bad choice and I should stay away from that make? If you were getting another one what would you get?

Hi,
As a manufacturer of scuba products we promptly decided not to sell through them after talking to numerous dive shops. I was told they will agree to M.A.P. pricing and then sell it below, (which they did to us). Many shops told me that some of the products they sell are and will not be backed by the manufacturers. Yes they are cheaper, and if price is what you are most concerned with and not worrying about warranties or stregthening and suppoting your local diveshops then good luck.
From my experiences and others, my opinion is that they are a shady company, and any odd business practises should not come as a surprise.
Thank You,
CaptainCoops

Hi,
As a manufacturer of scuba products we promptly decided not to sell through them after talking to numerous dive shops.

From my experiences and others, my opinion is that they are a shady company, and any odd business practises should not come as a surprise.
Thank You,
CaptainCoops

But you will sell on Ebay??? What type of warranty do they provide???

Sounds like YOU have an odd business practice where you want to dictate to others how to run their business. Why should you care what price a dealer sells your gear for, once you get your money?

Sorry - but I have not found Leisure Pro to be the slightest bit shady - but I do find companies that sell to them and then claim they have no idea how they got the merchandise to be.

I guess I have found another manufacturer whose products I won't buy.

I consider those who adopt MAP and other anti-consumer practices to be the shady companies.

I consider those who adopt MAP and other anti-consumer practices to be the shady companies.

I really don't mind MAP. It limits advertising rather than sale price. When I can determine the MAP, I find it to be a more useful benchmark than MSRP. Maybe that is because, with scuba gear, many retailers are pricing it well above MAP.

I really don't mind MAP. It limits advertising rather than sale price. When I can determine the MAP, I find it to be a more useful benchmark than MSRP. Maybe that is because, with scuba gear, many retailers are pricing it well above MAP.

I see your point, the problem is all the dealers who hide behind MAP as if it prevents them from negotiating lower.

Hi,
As a manufacturer of scuba products we promptly decided not to sell through them after talking to numerous dive shops. I was told they will agree to M.A.P. pricing and then sell it below, (which they did to us). Many shops told me that some of the products they sell are and will not be backed by the manufacturers. Yes they are cheaper, and if price is what you are most concerned with and not worrying about warranties or stregthening and suppoting your local diveshops then good luck.
Thank You,
CaptainCoops

Perhaps the good people at LP decided to not do business with YOU! :rofl3:

To?,
We responded to an asked question that we have had more in depth dealings with lp then any of you will hopefully have to, so we felt we should answer. Aqualung, Scubapro and Oceanic do not consider them dealers but call them grey marketers, but what do guys like you care its cheap. There are many products that lp sells legitamately and for a great price but that doesn't mean you should go to bat for them when you do not know or care about anything other than their low prices. Should we look into warranties offered by ebay, no that would be foolish we already offer a 1 year warranty. FIY, MAP was created so that there are retail stores to walk into and ask experienced scuba divers questions about gear (have you ever been to lp in NY, we have several times, there are none there), if there wasn't map everyone would buy from the cheaper online stores with less overhead. You guys are different then us, we rely on our friends at our shops for advice, equipment, air, service, help with warranties and friendship, we are not the type to jepoardize that save a few bucks.
Our products are the best at what they do, not to buy them is your loss of time and frustration the next time you dive.
Thank You For Your Comments And We Hope We Help You!
CaptainCoops

To?,
We responded to an asked question that we have had more in depth dealings with lp then any of you will hopefully have to, so we felt we should answer. Aqualung, Scubapro and Oceanic do not consider them dealers but call them grey marketers, but what do guys like you care its cheap. There are many products that lp sells legitamately and for a great price but that doesn't mean you should go to bat for them when you do not know or care about anything other than their low prices. Should we look into warranties offered by ebay, no that would be foolish we already offer a 1 year warranty. FIY, MAP was created so that there are retail stores to walk into and ask experienced scuba divers questions about gear (have you ever been to lp in NY, we have several times, there are none there), if there wasn't map everyone would buy from the cheaper online stores with less overhead. You guys are different then us, we rely on our friends at our shops for advice, equipment, air, service, help with warranties and friendship, we are not the type to jepoardize that save a few bucks.
Our products are the best at what they do, not to buy them is your loss of time and frustration the next time you dive.
Thank You For Your Comments And We Hope We Help You!
CaptainCoops

Think you are trying to miss lead people, oceanic has LP as an authorized dealer. It is even on the oceanic-aeris websites. I have sent product I brought from LP to oceanic and had no problem with warrenty service. ie oceanic VT3 and an aeris T3 computers.

As I am from NYC, LP is my LDS. They have done nothing but right by me and my wife. I go to the shop when I have a question, what ever I want to see they bring it right up to let me look at, and they give me a honest opinion on the gear I am considering getting. They tell me what is crap and what is good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom