LeisurePro purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leisurepro has their place.

but just remember, leisure pro has never certified a diver to the best of my understanding. without all the mom and pop dive shops, leisure pro would have no customers.

so if at all possible, i always like to go through my local dealer. and he can usually beat online prices.

you get better service too.

I don't think Toyota or GM has ever licensed a driver, either. That doesn't mean I should buy my cars from the state government.

Let me get this straight. You place an order with Leisure Pro......Then they tried to get the funds from you. Whats the problem?:dork2:

well when the card came back rejected, they should have just called him/her and double checked the number. 7 times is a bit extreme for a 300 dollar purchase...

don't you think?

Maybe they had the wrong phone number too?

leisurepro has their place.

but just remember, leisure pro has never certified a diver to the best of my understanding. without all the mom and pop dive shops, leisure pro would have no customers.

so if at all possible, i always like to go through my local dealer. and he can usually beat online prices.

you get better service too.

The "best of your understanding" is bad.You are wrong. LeisurePro have two instructors on staff. Their service and that of the store is outstanding. My old LDS had lousy service. Does LP certify? No, the instructors do. What's your beef? Why make unsubstantiated claims?

The "best of your understanding" is bad.You are wrong. LeisurePro have two instructors on staff. Their service and that of the store is outstanding. My old LDS had lousy service. Does LP certify? No, the instructors do. What's your beef? Why make unsubstantiated claims?

I have to say leisurepro service is outstanding, I deal with them allot on a personal as they are my LDS also. And the DM and instructor that is on staff is very helpful.

Last time I checked for all those people who don't live near Leisurepro... usb ports haven't started filling cylinders yet. Also I don't think Leisure pro could possible service you stuff with a few days. I whole heartly support LDS and if Leisure pro is your lds great. To bad the manufactures who supposedly don't support online sales seem to always turn a blind eye to it.

Oh well, the internet is the best thing since the wheel to most people who shop online and thank you for cutting my hours back to save 50 bucks.

Cheers

Last time I checked for all those people who don't live near Leisurepro... usb ports haven't started filling cylinders yet. Also I don't think Leisure pro could possible service you stuff with a few days. I whole heartly support LDS and if Leisure pro is your lds great. To bad the manufactures who supposedly don't support online sales seem to always turn a blind eye to it.

Oh well, the internet is the best thing since the wheel to most people who shop online and thank you for cutting my hours back to save 50 bucks.

Cheers

Instead of complaining about how LP has adapted their business model to be successful, why not adapt your business model to compete with them?

There are many dive shops that will match LP's prices. Including my local dive shop.

Cheers

I think I save more like 1500 dollars over the past year with equipment upgrades from LP and other online retailer. LDS can compete with LP and other online retailer as long as they are willing to adopt to the new business environment. Golf Coast Scuba just posted that they are starting an online presence, and they are not feeding us the same old line about the value added service justifies the higher price of the old LDS. They are out to compete, and their prices looks competitive with with other online retailers. Remember ST, Divesports and some of the other online retailers are LDS also, they are the new and improve lds. And they have learn to adopt, these are the ones that really will help scuba grow because they do not make the sport out as an elites sport, where you have to pay a huge fee to get into the country club.

I commend you at least you say it out right that you work for a LDS and I understand you stance. But remember it is each individuals choice on where they spend their money, some want allot more value for their dollar, US and Canadian dollars. Those that feel the VAT of some LDS is worth it, that choice is to be respected also.

It is the easiest thing to bash the biggest retail of scuba gear in the world. They have 100's of thousands of happy customers world wide. But like all retailer they will have customers that are unhappy, and with serving so many customers, you will hear lot more negative stories, but I pretty sure the percentage of neg to positive experience is equal or better then most LDS. I like to put things into a fair prospective.

Yes I use LP and they are my lds as they are only 10 minutes form my home. But I also use all the other online retailers and have had positive experiences for them. Divesports is a really helpful operation and I enjoy deal with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom