Lifetime warranty = no warranty?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Our apologies for the delayed posting, Aquatic Tom. Would you be so kind as to PM or email (ryan@atomicaquatics.com) us your serial number? We would like to learn a bit more about the regulator and the circumstances surrounding the issue. Manufacturer defects are certainly something that would be covered under warranty. Would you happen to have any images of the cracked DIN nipple? If not, it is not an issue. It would just help us better determine the cause of the crack. We are also going to contact Martin Kusche to gather his perspective regarding this situation. Headquartered in the US, we are not familiar with Belgian law, but are willing to do whatever we can to make this situation right with you. We would also hope to learn from this experience, so as to improve our European customer service in the future.

Last edited:
Currently I don't own any of their stuff but when my son gets certified this spring I am going to show him 3 brands, Atomic will be one and replies from their HQ like the one above only strengthens my reasons for including them in the short list.

I knew the guys at AA would come thru.

Nice Job!

I dive nothing but Atomic. Mostly because I haven't needed customer service since I bought first stage number 37.

I dive nothing but Atomic. Mostly because I haven't needed customer service since I bought first stage number 37.

I have needed custermer service only once in my 20+ years of diving. Just recently with a cannister light. The company has a reputation for excellent customer service, but I would rather purchase equipment with very low rates of problems in the first place...

I have two really good guesses:

1. The reg came as yoke and the shop swapped out the connection for DIN and cracked it.
  2. Atomic will take care of it.

I've had nothing but awesome service from them, and own four of their regs.

flots

I have two really good guesses:

1. The reg came as yoke and the shop swapped out the connection for DIN and cracked it.
  2. Atomic will take care of it.

I've had nothing but awesome service from them, and own four of their regs.

flots

I think you are right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom