Lifetime warranty = no warranty?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I broke my new Hog reg due to my own stupidity after onlly 4 dives. I requested info from manufacturer as to where I could purchase replacement parts. My reply was send it back to us and we will repair or replace free of charge. Now THAT is customer seervice. Unless you keep pestering Atomic, it seems they have made their decision. I hope they refund the cost, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Now we are starting to post about Hog in a Atomic forum?
Glad to hear Atomic made it right.

It was quite unique and thought out before Atomic came to the rescue. Close the thread...

I am with Scott. Op should change the title and close this thread.

I believe that is another manufacturer who likes to close threads ASAP. After all, leaving it open would just allow more folks to jump in and report their service experience. Unlike the other guy, maybe Atomic is not put off by that idea.

I believe that is another manufacturer who likes to close threads ASAP. After all, leaving it open would just allow more folks to jump in and report their service experience. Unlike the other guy, maybe Atomic is not put off by that idea.

This is a consumer-driven website. We are just here to help answer questions and do our part. Feel free to keep this thread open as long as the readers like.

Our apologies for the delayed posting, Aquatic Tom. Would you be so kind as to PM or email (ryan@atomicaquatics.com) us your serial number? We would like to learn a bit more about the regulator and the circumstances surrounding the issue. Manufacturer defects are certainly something that would be covered under warranty. Would you happen to have any images of the cracked DIN nipple? If not, it is not an issue. It would just help us better determine the cause of the crack. We are also going to contact Martin Kusche to gather his perspective regarding this situation. Headquartered in the US, we are not familiar with Belgian law, but are willing to do whatever we can to make this situation right with you. We would also hope to learn from this experience, so as to improve our European customer service in the future.

Dear Ryan,

WOW!

I just returned my mostly new MK25/S600 regulator to my fine LDS because of Scubapro's revolving-door warranty wording. My LDS didn't recommend the Scubapro; I bought it because of my brand-loyalty pigheadedness. He then INSISTED I buy an Atomics Z2X, which is a wonderful piece of engineering. I went from SP's top of the line to Atomic's most affordable regulator and I am ecstatic, and not just because he saved a bundle of money. Your reply is a superb, customer-oriented answer that just adds to my confidence in Atomic's warranty.

Also, my kudos to Darcy. She has patiently answered my mostly esoteric and innane questions about my new Z2X (which I haven't dove yet).

Regards,
akeegan2

---------- Post added November 21st, 2012 at 04:47 AM ----------

This is a consumer-driven website. We are just here to help answer questions and do our part. Feel free to keep this thread open as long as the readers like.

Bravo, Atomic. Nobody ever seems to bash you, unlike they do others. Keep this thread OPEN.

Oh, IMHO, EU customer service is third world. Been there.

akeegan2

Atomic Service in Europe is a nightmare. After having the most exceptionally positive set of experiences when i lived in America I have been shocked with the exceptionally horrible experiences here in Europe. Rudeness and refusals to provide even basic dealer information seem to be the norm for myself and a couple of European Friends who, now that they require equipment servicing, truly wish they did not buy into the brand. I would recommend that you absorb the cost and send your regulator for warranty repairs directly to Atomic in the US. You will be well taken care of and actually know that the service promised and paid for was done correctly, or even done at all.

Atomic you have serious problems with your organisation here. I have been with your brand and have been a vocal advocate since I began diving about ten years ago. I am kitted out with at least one of your products in almost every category you produce, but I am honestly having difficulty considering any new purchases given my recent experiences with your UK and European service organisations. Please get things in order here and make the remarkable customer support you are known for the norm here and not the exception. I mean this as constructive criticism as i do love your products and the remarkable customer centric service you offer in the us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom