Light "Commercial" Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Look, I have so little regard for you that I don't really care what you believe. But any hull cleaner will tell you that on average it takes about half an hour to clean a boat. A single diver can clean 8 to 10 boats per day. Conservatively, that's 40 boats a week. In a 50-week work year, that's 2000 boats. Do the math. Then go eff yourself.

What is your business name fstbttms?

Look, I have so little regard for you that I don't really care what you believe. But any hull cleaner will tell you that on average it takes about half an hour to clean a boat. A single diver can clean 8 to 10 boats per day. Conservatively, that's 40 boats a week. In a 50-week work year, that's 2000 boats. Do the math. Then go eff yourself.
Excellent ... finally an almost rational response and explaination. Now ... are there enough bookings to do 2000 boats per year?

I can back up the 1/2 hour a boat production. Been there, done that, seemed to have lost the tee shirt.

My only problem was most of the paint came off with the alge when I tried to be a boat scrubber.

Yes but I am sure it is only ever directed at overly qualified and helpful people that point out flaws in his ways of thinking, models and processes. Other than that I am sure they are a saint :shakehead:.

Huh?:confused:

There are approximately 16,000 boats that live in the water in the greater Bay Area. Assuming each is cleaned 4 to 6 times per year (which is the typical frequency of service here (let's say 5 times a year is average), that means that there are 80,000 in-water hull cleanings occuring here each year. There are approximately 100-120 hull cleaning services in the Bay Area, so each would average about 800 service events/year. However, most of these companies do not have the clientele I do and are not doing 2000 hull cleanings/year. I would estimate that there are half a dozen services that are as large or larger than mine so, yes, there is plenty enough business for us to do that kind of volume.

Last edited:

Sorry. My point was to agree with you that "rude,rude,rude" was what some people were being but it seemed they were only to those that were likely overqualified and helpful.....it was very poorly worded I know.

He did say 6 or more boats in a day. Does each boat count as a dive? :D

My "sea-lawyer" comment was probably only appreciated by Thal come to think of it.:cool2:

The 20K figure might well be a bit of exaggeration, many people do it. Either way you both have enormously more experience than I. But I do feel that Thal focused in on that and from that point on was very dismissive and superior in tone. And in response got some heated adjectives applied.

All is normal in SB land.

Back
Top Bottom