Light-for-Me service (does that exist?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wibble

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've a bunch of Light-for-Me torches and heater batteries.

Have a problem with a NW7 torch which needs the cable replacing. I cannot seem to raise the dead; for three months I've been trying to contact them to get this serviced. No answer. Nada.

Anyone else got any clue how to kick those useless SOBs into action?

Am sick to death of them. Kit's good but service is diabolical.

Anyone else on here had any dealings or know of the right spell to caste?

The problem appears to be a current through the water to ground. A pink, de-zinced / electrolysed plug which was fizzing when I came up from a dive last year. (The self-amalgamated tape is me so the cable doesn't bend and break so easily)

NW7 - pink plug 2.jpg
NW7 - pink plug 1.jpg

You did try to contact light-for-me for just 3 months? You should be much more patient. I’m trying to contact them for almost 1 year. They did sent me 1 message that it’s hard to run a business during COVID.

You can try scubasupport.NL maybe the can help you with a torch. They can repair most of the torches I guess. If they cannot fix your torch I don’t know who could fix your torch.

The last time I replaced that cable... 11 months.

The lights are good but the service is bloody awful.

It would be nice if they supplied the bare cables with the phono connector such that someone else can replace it. Getting quite angry with them.

Thankfully I've another torch I can use -- an Anchor 189.

Would like something else to replace that torch as I like the light output: narrow 6 degree with lenses and a wide 110 degree beam for video and just lighting up inside a wreck. The multi-LED + lenses works well in the crappy sediment conditions in the UK. Not keen on the reflector lamps as they throw out light to the side (penumbra?) which isn't so good for signalling.

The only other torch I've seen with dual lamps is the Gralmarine and that's another Polish company like Light-for-Me who sell in Zloties. The third is Ammonite, but they're reflector lights.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom