LIKE NEW - OMS Manifold & Valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Talk about Hijacked threads and uneducated talking heads. For the know little / speak a lot, I spoke with John Griffin, owner of OMS a long time ago about the cap recall. These caps were never recalled. I signed up for this site years ago and after a while of listening to the junk information that was spewed forth here, I left. Gee, I for got why, now it all comes back to me. Hey guys, before you open your mouth, engage your brains ... or at least think a little?
Adding to this, if you go to the OMS web site and put in the zip code for LP, you will NOT find them on the list of authorized dealers for OMS. Color me gone. I'm disconnecting from this thread and leaving the stupidity behind.

I don't know how you can talk about a hijacked thread and uneducated talking heads when were the one who started the bashing of particular Internet resellers. Folks were just saying your price was high compared to a price they can get from an authorized shop. I did a double check on the OMS page and Leisurepro IS an authorized reseller. Here is the screen shot. Not sure what your particular beef is, but in my experience the guys at LP know what they are talking about.

attachment.php

Attachments

• oms.jpg
    oms.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 190
LB - Stupid people have money to spend too, ya know. :wink:

How did you know I had money to spend? :popcorn: Oh, you were not refering to me . . . my bad . . .

Talk about Hijacked threads and uneducated talking heads. For the know little / speak a lot, I spoke with John Griffin, owner of OMS a long time ago about the cap recall. These caps were never recalled. I signed up for this site years ago and after a while of listening to the junk information that was spewed forth here, I left. Gee, I for got why, now it all comes back to me. Hey guys, before you open your mouth, engage your brains ... or at least think a little?
Adding to this, if you go to the OMS web site and put in the zip code for LP, you will NOT find them on the list of authorized dealers for OMS. Color me gone. I'm disconnecting from this thread and leaving the stupidity behind.

WOW.. I don't think anyone ever had the intention of hijacking your thread. I initially responded, because I am looking for a couple more manifolds. Most divers looking in the classifieds here are looking for a good deal. I agree with supporting your LDS, but the almight buck rules for many people.
Your ad lists the manifold as Like New...It may be Like New, but it is still USED. Scuba gear, just like cars and computers, lose most of their initial monetary value the first time the box has been opened and the gear has been put into the water. IMHO, I would not buy a USED manifold for the same price as a NEW manifold. Doesn't make good financial sense, even it it does come with the yolk insert. Most of us who use manifolds would never use the yolk adapter, anyway.
So now that we have established the manifold is USED, the manifold now needs to be serviced and O2 cleaned. This brings the bottom line price for the buyer up to $150+$50 (approx for service) + shipping, so now the buyer has paid more for a USED manifold, then new.
I am surprised by your animosity. IMHO it is most unbecoming and only serves to drive potential customers (such as myself) away. :no:

Now, I'll get off my SOAP BOX and simply say that this is one Dive Instructor's opinion of the Leisure Pro ""Dive Store"". You may choose to have a different opinion.

He left? I can't believe he left. What did you all do? Now who am I going to hire for my rescue class? Darn. He seemed so patient, unbiased and well informed. Just the kind of instructor I am looking for. I feel like we all lost something here. Perhaps I can find it at the newly renovated LP.

Dude, you really need to take it easy. :no: I hope you understand that you are trying to sell your gear on the internet and then gripe at the fact that someone is buying from someone off the internet and not their local dive shop. What!:confused: You set yourself up for failure! You set yourself up with the oxymoron. You have no one to blame but yourself. If your going to put "we stupid people" down because you can't see your own folly, then I'm glad your outta here Obi Wan.:D

Bye...

I was looking for a button on the screen that could "thank" everyone on this thread (except the seller) all at once so I could save time. . . anybody know of one?

Back
Top Bottom