Liquivision Xen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had a Xen now for about a month, and just did a week in the caves in Mexico with it. It is light-years ahead of our Uwatec timers. Bright, simple to use, well thought out, customizable, brilliant screen, and it works. Just the fact that it has a stopwatch and avg. depth is refreshing. I go back and forth between metric and imperial all the time now, and that's easy, and it brings the cost into the range of two old fashioned bottom timers.

You really have to dive this thing before you complain about it.

Jeff

I've had a Xen now for about a month, and just did a week in the caves in Mexico with it. It is light-years ahead of our Uwatec timers. Bright, simple to use, well thought out, customizable, brilliant screen, and it works. Just the fact that it has a stopwatch and avg. depth is refreshing. I go back and forth between metric and imperial all the time now, and that's easy, and it brings the cost into the range of two old fashioned bottom timers.

You really have to dive this thing before you complain about it.

Jeff

I have dived it, and it isnt perfect. The bright colors are great, and the information readout is exactly what I want. BUT, like i have mentioned before there are too many steps to activating the stopwatch, which should autoactivate. Also, this past weekend I did a dive. Number 11 on the unit. Half way through the dive I look down and see....nothing. Black screen. Triple tap to the top reveals a "change Battery" message. Now, I always make sure to shut off my unit, and I have the output brightness set on medium, and I got NO WARNING about battery life. It simply quit mid dive. I am beginning to say "screw it" and ask for a refund, because the lack of support upgrades for everyone (selective emailing), poor thought out stopwatch feature, and a depth gauge and bottom timer that just shuts off is UNACCEPTABLE. Im glad I learned about this in the confines of a quarry instead of on a deco dive where I would really need to know where I am in the water.

Well, it looks like Xens actually cost about 800-900 dollars, because to be safe and to have an autoactivate feature you actually need to buy a UWATEC BT/DG too.

So disappointing.

I have dived it, and it isnt perfect. The bright colors are great, and the information readout is exactly what I want. BUT, like i have mentioned before there are too many steps to activating the stopwatch, which should autoactivate. Also, this past weekend I did a dive. Number 11 on the unit. Half way through the dive I look down and see....nothing. Black screen. Triple tap to the top reveals a "change Battery" message. Now, I always make sure to shut off my unit, and I have the output brightness set on medium, and I got NO WARNING about battery life. It simply quit mid dive. I am beginning to say "screw it" and ask for a refund, because the lack of support upgrades for everyone (selective emailing), poor thought out stopwatch feature, and a depth gauge and bottom timer that just shuts off is UNACCEPTABLE. Im glad I learned about this in the confines of a quarry instead of on a deco dive where I would really need to know where I am in the water.

Well, it looks like Xens actually cost about 800-900 dollars, because to be safe and to have an autoactivate feature you actually need to buy a UWATEC BT/DG too.

So disappointing.

I have a Tec2G; fresh battery, DSS boot w/ bungee, barely 30 dives on it total. I'll happily trade you for the Xen.

Either that or my Aeris Elite T3 w/ DSS Boot and AI Transmitter. With the boot and transmitter it's worth at least as much as the Xen :wink:

Peace,
Greg

I have a Tec2G; fresh battery, DSS boot w/ bungee, barely 30 dives on it total. I'll happily trade you for the Xen.

Either that or my Aeris Elite T3 w/ DSS Boot and AI Transmitter. With the boot and transmitter it's worth at least as much as the Xen :wink:

Peace,
Greg

Transmitter? Whats that good for? :)

I will likely try and sell it and get two Aladin Tec 2gs for it. Nice try though :wink:

I dunno...it certainly didn't ruffle Gideon's feathers too much. Maybe these uptight northerners will freak out or something :shocked2:

I will likely try and sell it and get two Aladin Tec 2gs for it. Nice try though :wink:

DIBS!!! And I will totally make my Tec2g a part of that trade, nothing's wrong with it just don't have room on my arms for 3 pieces of equipment.

Peace,
Greg

I dunno...it certainly didn't ruffle Gideon's feathers too much. Maybe these uptight northerners will freak out or something :shocked2:

Bob teaches us to calculate our gas use based on our SCR, so that we dont need a transmitter. I dont trust transmitters, but I dont think you are going to ruffle anyones feathers, most probably wont pay any mind to it :wink:

I dont trust transmitters, but I dont think you are going to ruffle anyones feathers, most probably wont pay any mind to it :wink:

Damn, gotta try harder I guess :shakehead: :D :D Anyone got a Speedo?

Peace,
Greg

Well, it looks like Xens actually cost about 800-900 dollars, because to be safe and to have an autoactivate feature you actually need to buy a UWATEC BT/DG too

So disappointing.

Sounds like my dreams of getting rid of the g shock might never happen.

Latest and greatest we all know might have a bug or two. LV is a small company working through it and I'm sure will make it right. Come over and will drop the unit in a gallon of gray goose. Or maybe just ourselfs? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom