Liquivision Xen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If LV globally pushed out a new version of the software that wasn't fully QA'd and it introduced some other severe bug, then you'd be on here complaining about their crappy QA process and introducing a bug in the process of fixing another, and why can't they just produce a stable release, blah blah blah...

Better for them to get some halfway trusted beta testers that are going to e-mail them back with problems with the new code, rather than post new problems on the internet.

Is it really a surprise that people who are more valuable to doug as testers get the latest code sooner rather than people who make him have to deal with damage control?

If LV globally pushed out a new version of the software that wasn't fully QA'd and it introduced some other severe bug, then you'd be on here complaining about their crappy QA process and introducing a bug in the process of fixing another, and why can't they just produce a stable release, blah blah blah...

Better for them to get some halfway trusted beta testers that are going to e-mail them back with problems with the new code, rather than post new problems on the internet.

Is it really a surprise that people who are more valuable to doug as testers get the latest code sooner rather than people who make him have to deal with damage control?

Its a surprise there is no list of known bugs. And releasing an update to anyone who is at BTS doesnt seem like a limited release to just the most trusted divers so that they get it right.

I see the "turn off" bug as pretty severe, given that no one mentioned it to me until today. If it were not for Lynne, and her post, I would never have known it was a software glitch.

I would actually be a lot less upset if I was just told about this and that the know issue was being worked on. LV has it half right, byt acknowledging that they are working on it. BUT, the silence regarding the whole process is unacceptable. Like I said, issues are expected witha new product, but denying/not talking about them is ridiculous--I mean I already use apple products and i dont need another big brother company.

I understand that it is a new product and that there are glitches, but is it standard company practice to look out for the "friends" while other paying customers get the shaft? I mean, you want time and understanding to make this unit what it should be, but I certainly didn't get a discount for being a beta tester (heck i dont even get the special beta tester emails).

Further, I acknowledge that the stopwatch feature is an annoyance. But I never got any note that there was a "shutoff" glitch. What if I had been on a more serious dive profile and I wasn't a team oriented diver? These problems, if recognized, should be explained to customers. I shouldn't have to find out through an online message board that my 500$ bottom timer has serious issues and only friends or those lucky enough to make it to BTS get the fix. I registered my unit (as required to activate) and I receive no feedback whatsoever.

This is a mess.

:crying:

I feel for ya ... good thing you didn't buy one of the early Fusion drysuits ... or just about any other innovative product that hits the market.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Scuba, Now ya see how important scubaboard is, if you ask you will get an answer, some upsetting some not. Now take it from here and enjoy.

Sorry bout your new DC, yet it does seem that it has an expensive outcome just to use it, will it be worth it when all is understood and all glitches fixed.

A decade ago cochran had a DC and it took a long time after introduced to work right.

The datamask came out, then it hibernated, and navy used it, then the public has it now with all glitches fixed, I think, I have no Idea really on the process of datamask.

Glad you are aware to find out what you did, so you did not become a statisc of a dive accident.

Happy Diving

Scuba, just seen this is in the DIR section, You should have Known better if you are DIR, I am way out of my league in this area, still glad you have learned.

Ah, I see you are.

Happy Diving

early adopters get less-than-perfect technology?
hmm now I've seen everything

Looks like Tim's fired up......

I think LV should just report weekly to the owners what's going on. Simple email just to let us know they are still working up in BC. I'm willing to work with them because the product has the potential to be what we all wished for.

So close just another few kicks!!! :D

Looks like Tim's fired up......

I think LV should just report weekly to the owners what's going on. Simple email just to let us know they are still working up in BC. I'm willing to work with them because the product has the potential to be what we all wished for.

So close just another few kicks!!! :D

Thanks Mayor,

Well, we do pledge not to spam our owners when they give us their email addresses (and we won't), so this is why I'm not sending weekly "progress reports." I am happy to provide and update here for you though.

The software update is finished but there is a chance we're making to the loader program. It seems there are some temperamental PCs (enter pro-Mac comments here) out there that are playing "hard-to-get," so we need to get them to play-nice before we can send it out publicly. Forgive me - I'm not a "technical" type so that's the best I can describe it.

Among the changes in the software update we're increasing the accuracy with the time-of-day clock, correcting the "shut down" concern if the unit thinks the battery is dead (when it's not), adding a low-battery power-conservation mode to keep the unit running as long as possible in case the user didn't replace the battery when prompted to, and of course, we're adding the long-awaited "Stopwatch Default on/off" menu setting that everyone has been asking for.

There shouldn't be any other news really until the update is distributed, but if there is I will certainly share it. If you are a Xen owner, please ensure your email address is accurate in our system. Also, if you "like" us on Facebook ("Liquivision Products"), we'll post news and information there as well as promotions and other fun stuff - trust me, pretty soon it'll be a very good thing to be on our FB page for both owners and future-owners. :wink:

Thank you again for your understanding and patience. We're kicking hard and are almost there.

-Doug
Liquivision Marketing & Sales Manager

I understand that it is a new product and that there are glitches, but is it standard company practice to look out for the "friends" while other paying customers get the shaft? I mean, you want time and understanding to make this unit what it should be, but I certainly didn't get a discount for being a beta tester (heck i dont even get the special beta tester emails).

Further, I acknowledge that the stopwatch feature is an annoyance. But I never got any note that there was a "shutoff" glitch. What if I had been on a more serious dive profile and I wasn't a team oriented diver? These problems, if recognized, should be explained to customers. I shouldn't have to find out through an online message board that my 500$ bottom timer has serious issues and only friends or those lucky enough to make it to BTS get the fix. I registered my unit (as required to activate) and I receive no feedback whatsoever.

This is a mess.

On a lighter note, your sentence structure, grammar and spelling looks spot-on. :thumb:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom