Little Cayman Resort recommendation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BWes

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am planning a trip to Little Cayman and would appreciate recommendations or suggestions on a dive resort. I have read the on-line reviews and descriptions of some of the resorts, but it would be invaluable to hear from someone who has actual experience staying and diving at a resort.
Thank you for your suggestions and comments

I am planning a trip to Little Cayman and would appreciate recommendations or suggestions on a dive resort. I have read the on-line reviews and descriptions of some of the resorts, but it would be invaluable to hear from someone who has actual experience staying and diving at a resort.
Thank you for your suggestions and comments
LCBR. Been there 4 times. Best resort in the Caribbean. Getting there right now on Cayman Airlines can be challenging but worth the effort.

I have been to LCBR twice, once with my son, once with my wife. Very nice resort, good room, good food, good scuba operator (I wish they did 2 dives in the afternoon). The diving is very good, probably the best, or nearly the best that I've done in the Caribbean.

If you go, look for a painted plaque above the bar showing an iguana and celebrating my 60th birthday

Thank you tridacna and scubadada. I am going to book a trip this week.
I will toast you plaque

We've stayed at LCBR, Southern Cross, and Pirates Point. All three are excellent. LCBR has a lot more capacity, but they manage it very well. A lot of the rooms don't have ocean views--lifestyle choice. Both SCC and Pirates have exceptional food, and Pirates wins this category; people come there from the other resorts for dinner. All three have loyal clientele, and all three have good dive operations. Pirates Point has a brand-new boat, but it's a short van ride from the resort to their boat, while SCC and LCBR have docks. Pirates Point has been redoing their cottages, and the renovated ones are excellent--the one we were in had a back door which opened only to a few trees and then the beach. Pirates Point has a bit of a hippie vibe (they have a range of rooms and cottages), and several of the guests when we were there were European. Bottom line for us, Little Cayman is fantastic, all three properties are terrific, and the resort and dive staffs are great.

I'll also highly recommend LCBR.... Great food, great people, great Caribbean diving and a solid operation that's about at easy as it gets... Awesome custom Newton boats, honest Nitrox fills with available analysers and valet service. Once assigned your boat your primary gear basically lives on the boat for the whole trip.
All the meals are Buffet style so there's something for everyone. Nice little store that about a mile down the road and LCBR has bicycles to use for store runs. My main advice for LCBR is:

1) Bring a nice Yeti tumbler to keep drinks cold!!!
2) Bring earplugs if you have a room near the bar on Karaoke night..

I have been to LCBR many times. The last few years, I have gone to the sister resort on Cayman Brac.

Very similar operations. They have very good staff and the dive masters are very good. If you pay the upcharge, the ocean view rooms are a bit bigger and quieter. I have heard good things about the other 2 resorts also. LCBR always worked for us (my wife and I).

NW Dive Dog thanks about the warning on rooms near the bar. I like your image of the wolf eel. Got to meet a couple on a dive to nanaimo

Don’t bother with the earplugs. Karaoke night is fun at the bar! All rooms are within earshot anyway.

Its beeen awhile since I dove all day then partied all night. I am going to have to train for this trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom