little jerk kids in kayaks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I still trying to get my brain around that a diver is whining about kids in kayaks yelling "shark". "They're mean....Make them go away!!"
:snicker:

I had a problem with an aircraft carrier getting a little too close to where I was diving so I set off a small device to discourage them from sticking around. Worked like a charm. It also cleans out any lionfish in the immediate area.
View attachment 101214
:spit: We can always count on TOM WINTERS for the best comment in a thread! :spit:

Is there any way to mount a couple small claymores on the flag that you could trigger from below? That could work.

This took are of those pesky bastards

Dive_Flagcopy.jpg

Hey all, I'm new to living in (mainland) Florida. Dealing with rude/jerk people in the water is new to me, and figuring out the local and state rules is not so black and white as I'm used to.

Welcome to mainland Florida. Should we assume you are coming from the keys, from that satellite chunk of land also known as the panhandle, or a totally non-related to Florida area ?

Those rude/jerk people you are talking about are mostly tourists, thanks to them you won't pay state income tax, don't forget to be grateful next time you encounter them.

On a different note, if you think dealing with kids in rental kayaks is rude just wait until you deal with the real water people in the intracoastal, inlets, shallow coastline, and in general all our great watery locations. Many locals do shine in those areas.... I can't wait to read your future posts.

It's off the Delray Wreck. There is a kayak rental outfit right on the beach directly in front of it.
right... if they were locals they would have their own kayaks. So this kids are probably coming here from a square state and are having a blast in the ocean. Obviously they need a local to put them in their place, how dare they?

Yes the kids scream. Yes you can hear them underwater... they scream things like "HELP!" or "SHARK!". The especially jerk-face kids follow you around so close your fins touch their kayaks, or your dive flag gets looped in their paddles.

I cannot wait for school to start back up.

wow... imagine that. Kids playing in the ocean with kayaks screaming.... little bastards, how dare they! And they see bubbles coming to the surface and want to get close to them and touch them? they should be arrested... no no better yet, they should be taken to the nearest town square, wait I don't know there is one close to Deerfield, a mall will have to do. The authorities should take them to the nearest mall and give them 10 lashes for each time they scream "HELP!" and 20 for every "SHARK!"

So you are diving in waters that kids in a kayak can touch your fins... hmmm and this happens often, seems like you are becoming the attraction for these kayakers. I get the feeling if you keep going to the same area, you will continue being their main attraction... try it.

You are going to fit soooo well in the "mainland".

I don't imagine you'll have any problems making friends but if you do send me a PM. I have a neighbor that I'm sure will be a perfect match for you. By any chance does fireworks on the 4th of July bothers you? just wondering.

Go where they don't have kayak rentals. I've never seen kids en masse out on the water.

Ana, love your post!!!

Dennis...avoiding the area...ya think that would work? :rofl3:

Holy Mackeral! I just had to come out of my lurkdom on this one. Is this not the funniest thread you have sen in a while people? No insult meant to you Archman. I have been in a similar situation. It's funny because it's true. Nothing you can legitimately do about it. Anyways, feel free to use the " hug advice" LOL

Pygar! OMG! Tom just mentioned your name to me. Sending you a PM.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread about floating rugrats.

4655363184_af831358af_z (1).jpg

To pay homage to the great cartoonist Charles Addams (father of the Addams Family), this thread made me think of one of my old favorites ...

Dang Pygar!!!!! Long time no see! Hope all is well!
/end hihjack!

Contact Henderson and ask if they can make a wetsuit that looks like a manatee then the tree huggers will keep the little brats from harassing you.

Last edited:
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom