Liveaboard advice Raja Ampat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

(Sounds good! It looks a bit cramped and it's the most expensive one of the three MV boats, but still quite affordable compared to the other liveaboards.)

Raja Ampat Explorer was not cramped in my opinion. I believe it's Grand Komodo's biggest boat.

Thanks all for the help!

Just one final question about visibility - i've seen several people disappointing with it in trip reports. Would visibility be better in december/January compared to end of oktober/november? I'm talking about the Misool/Raja Ampat area.

Have the same concern, friends went on mid december was not too impress the visibility.

Thanks all for the help!

Just one final question about visibility - i've seen several people disappointing with it in trip reports. Would visibility be better in december/January compared to end of oktober/november? I'm talking about the Misool/Raja Ampat area.

I was in R4 area in December 2015 / January 2016 in 12-day liveaboard from Sorong to Misool to Wayag & back to Sorong. The visibilities were just as good as when I was in Dampier Strait (in May & November), in Misool (in February, March, April). I haven't experienced bad visibility, yet in R4 in general (knock on wood). I'll be in Misool again the 4th week of November. We'll see how its visibility be.

Misool in December:
bM0030495.JPG

Misool in January:
lM0013802.JPG

BTW, there were not only the beautiful soft corals that you see there in the picture above. What critter do you see in the middle of the picture?

What do you think the visibility then?

Last edited:
Very nice!

Does anyone have experience with the Samambaia liveaboard? It seems to have great value for money, but there are barely any reviews.

Back
Top Bottom