Liveaboard thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

txhorns

Registered
Reaction score
Any recommendations on liveaboards going to Similan/Richelieu Rock (Thailand) for 4-5 days? We are going on our honeymoon Mar/April and looking for a comfortable boat with a good reputation. :moose:

I generally use either the Panunee www.panunee.com or Aqua One www.dive-aquasports.com but there are several other good boats as well but I don't have any personal experience on the other boats such as Viking of the Orient, Ocean Rover, Dive Master I etc.

ssra30:
I generally use either the Panunee www.panunee.com or Aqua One www.dive-aquasports.com but there are several other good boats as well but I don't have any personal experience on the other boats such as Viking of the Orient, Ocean Rover, Dive Master I etc.

Thanks for the response. I checked out the panunee and viking and both look great. What do you hear of the Mermaid 1, she offers a shorter trip to the similans which may work out better for our schedule?

Mermaid 1 is an excellent boat, good guides and crew. They have new management this year, but I expect them to be the same class as last year: excellent.
Personally I would prefer the Panunee or Viking though, simply because I like the atmosphere on those boats better.

There is a new boat in this class you may want to check out as well, the Philkade. Since they came on the market late, they are very attractively priced.

stevenl:
Mermaid 1 is an excellent boat, good guides and crew. They have new management this year, but I expect them to be the same class as last year: excellent.
Personally I would prefer the Panunee or Viking though, simply because I like the atmosphere on those boats better.

There is a new boat in this class you may want to check out as well, the Philkade. Since they came on the market late, they are very attractively priced.

Thanks for the feedback, I will look at all the boats again. The See Bees look like a good dive group. We will probably look them up when we ge there.

MV Philkade. very interesting, I am glad I read this thread - That is a stunning looking boat from the website, indeed from the photos it looks a MUCH better quality fitout than any of the competion in that price range (i.e. ANY of the competition at all). The full boat charter rate and the bed/room rate is, as you say, very good for that level of quality. I am impressed!

Hi there,
I will be visiting Khao Lak and diving with Khao Lak Scuba Adventures. Has anyone dived with them before?

Also, does anyone know if I will be able to use my mobile phone on GSM network while on a liveaboard (this is what happens when one is stuck with a day job!!!)?

Cheers

txhorns:
Any recommendations on liveaboards going to Similan/Richelieu Rock (Thailand) for 4-5 days? We are going on our honeymoon Mar/April and looking for a comfortable boat with a good reputation. :moose:

Hello there fellow Texan! I am also looking for a diving honeymoon in March. I just started looking for ideas but we both know we want to dive.

Back
Top Bottom