Liveaboards with single cabins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

also_anon_dc

Contributor
Reaction score
I love liveaboard diving but usually travel solo and I hate the idea of sharing a room. So far I've been lucky enough to pay a small single supplement (in the Red Sea) and lucked out in getting my own room (Turks and Caicos).

What liveaboards are out there that have single cabins (or very low single supplements)? So far I've come across Mermaid I in Indonesia and Bahamas Master. What other ones are out there?

Subscribed. I did Turks and Socorro last year and paid the single supplement. That's my standard MO, but some of them get pretty nasty. One LOB I was looking at in Galapagos charges 80%. +1 on @scubadada 's recommendation of Nautilus. I did Belle Amie and felt their single supplement was reasonable.

Nautilus charges a 25% single penalty no matter what ship or itinerary.
Allstar Liveaboards has varying rates depending on location. The Aqua Cat in the Bahamas is 65%. The Cuan Law in BVI is 50%.

Blue Manta just 10% single supplement. Amazing boat with big rooms. Did their trip to Komodo and going to Raja this Xmas if the covid gods allow it.
I’m on the Raja Christmas 2022 trip (Dec 23-Jan 2) as well with a single cabin - fingers crossed!

Wha happens when you book with a singles supplement early on and then the subsequent booking enquiries indicate housefull boat bookings? Do the boat charter companies try to talk you out of the singles booking and share your cabin? Because they lose money by taking only singles supplement vs a full booking amount for another diver…

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom