Liz Bonaire surgery date scheduled

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad to hear they're setting you free!

Me too....they didn't get to take 1/2 the staples out last night, the OR was locked up and that is where the staple remove is! They will be doing it 1/2 this am and the other half this evening. Yikes. It will be a relief...I just can't believe I have to have 75 staples out!

Yikes. It will be a relief...I just can't believe I have to have 75 staples out!
I am *so* glad I was glued back together after my much more minor surgery a few years ago, but just thinking about 75 staples means that I'm probably going to have to Scotch tape reports together for a few weeks until it no longer hurts to even think about it.

On the other hand, even being Frankensteined back together might be only a moderate amount more painful than getting my house renovations done, inspected, et al, has been (and continues to be). I'm certainly looking forward to closing out the construction loan, which will mean I get $9200 back and an $8000 tax rebate, and a chunk of that is going directly toward a return to Bonaire.

See you on the painless and happy side of things, and when we drop in again, be sure to tell mb that she *really* needs to post at least a hello on SB (after two ItKs and two Bonaire trips). :D

THEY ARE ALL OUT!!!! Thanks goodness! They just finished, and this time offered me a wonderful painshot right after. I am going to rest for 1 hour then start getting ready to head back to Bonaire. Suzy and Mark from the Dive Bus will be picking me up at 2pm to take me to the airport. As long as DAE is on time, I will be back on Bonaire for Dinner...YIPEE....

OK, SO NOW ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE BEEN WAITING TO MAKE RESERVATIONS, I WILL BE WORKING OUT OF MY HOUSE FOR THE NEXT 2 WEEKS, BUT WILL BE AVAILABLE....SO LETS GO!!

Liz

Work easy girl. Lynn and I want to see you up and around when we get there.

Me too....they didn't get to take 1/2 the staples out last night, the OR was locked up and that is where the staple remove is! They will be doing it 1/2 this am and the other half this evening. Yikes. It will be a relief...I just can't believe I have to have 75 staples out!

The OR was locked and that's where the staple remover is stored? :rofl3: Let me see, winter, traffic, no ocean and multiple hospitals that can dice, slice and repair 24/7...................ok, you still win.

Take it easy my friend!! Don't work too much or too hard! Sit out on that beautiful deck and relax for a little while - you certainly deserve it. I should have my group's dates by the end of the weekend. Hope to see ya soon!

I'M HOME!!!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH SUZY AND MARK!!!!! THEY ARE WONDERFUL PEOPLE AND IF YOU EVER GO TO CURACAO YOU DEFINITELY HAVE TO DIVE WITH THEM..THE DIVE BUS.. They are very much like Ed and I and have that "do what you say, say what you do" attitude!

Got to the airport, got into a wheelchair (not so easy for me) and had professional wheelchair handler Mark get me around. They then took me upstairs through security and immigration and then back down an other elevator to the tarmac to get to the airplane...OMG what a bumpy ride.

Got on the plane, they put me in an aisle seat to the back of the plane, perfect as this is where you enter/exit the plane. Didnt have to walk far. The landing in Bonaire was a bit bumpy, but I WAS HOME!!!! Then wheelchair ride over another very bumpy tarmac where hubby was waiting for me. They let him in the luggage/customs area to get my luggage, then wheeled me to the short term parking. I was starving, so we stopped on the way home at Paradise Moon for my favorite "Walking Sticks". Got a salad with beef too, but could only take a few bits when the day started to catch up. We then drove directly home, and in to bed I went.

Had a REALLY rough night, up at 2 am until 4 am. BOY WAS I SORE. I figured all that bumping around!!! I'm going to hang out here at home today and do absolutely NOTHING. Ed just left to stop at the pharmacy and get me the equivalent of "tylenol with codeine". He is also taking very good care of me making scrambled eggs, turkey bacon and whole wheat toast with coffee for breakfast. Could only eat half....but YUMEE!!

THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR PRAYERS, EMAILS AND POSTINGS. THEY REALLY HAVE HELPED ME THROUGH A DIFFICULT TIME.

I know it is going to be a bit of a haul in getting better as I am not 25 (not even close) anymore, and can't bounce back the way I used to.

HUGS TO ALL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom