Lobster hunting free diver dead - Laguna Beach cove, California

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A shortened rest period between dives can drastically reduce dive time. I wonder if his rest interval is available?

Yes. His last surface interval was 2:06 after being down for 0:55. The energy exerted to free the shaft might very well be something that was a big part of this. I do know that his dive club is working on a report with all of this info to help the community prevent future tragedies. They are taking time to make sure they get all accounts of those who were at the scene.
I appreciate your insight and questions. It is sometimes hard to have all the speculations and assumptions, but it makes a difference when people are truly trying to learn from the situation rather than put Ryan down as a diver or assume he or his partners were inexperienced or negligent.

Thanks and very sorry for your loss. That sounds like a reasonable time for recovery on the surface. A shortened surface time does not sound like a contributing factor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom