Local Dive Group

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dawg, Now Michael, anybody else?....You didn't read far enough back up the thread. As I have said before, you men just don't read.:shakehead.....So tell me again, what are you good for.....um NVM...:D

Donna has proposed an Earth Day Dive Clean Up which would be the weekend of April 21st and 22nd.
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=184402

Out of site out of mind.

Only divers see the beer can in the spring.

It's home to some minnow or other creature.

Take it out and what will you do with it? recycle it,..no,..claim your prize and throw it in the trash. Then it goes into an over filled landfill, under dirt. out of site,..out of mind.

Hypocrites

I'm not going to go diving at the dump. I would understand to see it there. Not in a place where kids to adults swim, snorkel and dive. When we dive a place that has 100' viz, I don't want to see trash and other garbage thrown around everywhere. I'd definitely would be furious if my son was there and stepped on a glass bottle or can and cut his foot. I know I would have no idea who did it, but the next person I'd see throwing trash into the spring would get an ear full. Hell, even if that didn't happen, I'd still give a litter an ear full. Maybe a call to the local sheriff's office with a tag number.

If you are serious, you might want to stop trolling or quit being stupid.

Michael

Looks like your stance on this Kris is to just leave it. So, if the highways in your state weren't cleaned by prisoners and state workers, do you not think people that live in the state would stand up and do it? I'm sure you would love to drive down a trash highway..

You might want to get on the phone w/ your local government to see if they recycle picked up trash from the highway.. cause if they aren't, they are hypocrites!

What a weenie you are!

in Michigan, they charge 10 cents deposit per drink containger (12oz can, 20oz bottle, 12oz beer bottle, etc).

You can take your container back to any store for a 10 cent refund on your deposit.

Personally I think this is a stupid micromanagement idea by the state, but in reality you don't see your average red-neck there throwing their beer cans out their truck windows when they paid $2.40 deposit on that case of beer they just bought.

While I hate to see it come to stuff like that, it appears to be helping. (of course they still throw their other trash on the road).

One the other side of the coin, cross the border into Canada from Michigan. The first thing you notice when you leave Michigan and go into Canada is that they don't throw their trash all over the sides of the road. (and they do it w/o paying a deposit.)

ScubaKris:
Out of site out of mind.

Only divers see the beer can in the spring.

It's home to some minnow or other creature.

Take it out and what will you do with it? recycle it,..no,..claim your prize and throw it in the trash. Then it goes into an over filled landfill, under dirt. out of site,..out of mind.

Hypocrites

If there were recycle bins onsite, they'd be recycled. Since there is not, it goes to the dump. The spring is NOT a dump. It should NOT be a dump. There are only so many springs in the world, it would NOT be prudent to turn them into dumps.

Some bottle being missing from the spring will NOT keep some creature from a home. There is an unlimited amount of natural habitat there for the life. I've seen bottles that have been in the spring run for years, never seen one acting as a permanant home for anything.

The trash goes to a landfill, where its covered with dirt, and is contained in a place that is not going to ruin the appearance or enjoyability of a great little swimming hole. The trash will NOT cut anyone's feet.

We aren't hypocrites, you're simply ignorant. :mooner:

he couldnt be serious,,anyway most landfills seperate the trash they receive and recycle, so sending trash there would be the more logical choice.

This thread has become trashy...somebody needs to clean it up :D

SuPrBuGmAn:
We pulled 3 or 4 large goody bags up didn't we? I think SeaYoda has a pic somewhere or another, twas a good day for Morrison.
Indeed we did. Not real treasures to be found, just TRASH!

Well, it looks like the April 22nd Earth Day Clean Up Dive will be our Dive n Dine for April!!! Sounds like it is going to be a great day for a gathering; lots of diving, eating, socializing AND it's all for a good cause!! There are two threads:

This one is the surface interval thread...feel free to socialize on this one:D

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=184402

This is the "for serious discussion" only regarding the dive and cookout (insert serious solemn smilie here)

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=185450

Back
Top Bottom