Local Dive Group

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now Dawg, I'm still waiting on that pic you owe me. I may have to make that mandatory in your case before I can let "you" join.:wink:

I hope you're not saying that we need to throw more beer bottles in the water. :p

That crawfish makes the bass fat, not a bad thing.

Actually I'm kind of lost on the cleanup comment.... i think that may have been intended for a different thread.

I hope you're not saying that we need to throw more beer bottles in the water

Noone complains about bumping a whole ship, plan or tank in the water. I wonder how many beer cans that adds up to?

when I use the metal detector,..I catch and release bottle caps,..it gives me something to catch the next time/

Tell that to environmentalists who kept insisting more PCBs needed to be stripped out of the "O".

In saltwater, artificial reef material is used for a means for substrate to grow. It promotes growth in the gulf, which brings in the fish. Growth isn't occuring on a barren sand bottom.

In a freshwater spring, its just unsightly trash, aside from maybe some algae, there is no growth on the bottle. The algae will grow on anything, trees, limestone, ontop the silt, ect - there's no shortage of base for growth in our springs.

Its simply trash.

Surely you're not telling me the trash is needed to increase the marine life in the springs? :confused: You're a strange fellow Kris.

Just a small word of caution. The last time Mat and I ran a cleanup mission at Morrisons, we brought up several broken bottles. Just be careful what you reach for in the way of trash.
Howard

We pulled 3 or 4 large goody bags up didn't we? I think SeaYoda has a pic somewhere or another, twas a good day for Morrison.

When is the clean up planned? I haven't been keeping up with the thread.

(I might be able to dive if it's to help the environment. (I would help even if I could dive right now.))

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom