Local Dive Group

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay guys, lets say we have our first dive in December. I know this is the month for all the holiday plans so it may be hard to get it going then but we can try. What weekend would work better for those interested? I'm thinking around the 2nd weekend of December. If we can first establish which weekend of every month we are going to dive, then we can leave the site open and decide right before which location we want to try, like the beach dives if conditions are favorable or a spring if not. How many can meet the 2nd weekend of December?

The 2nd week of December would be great for myself. I'll just be getting back from the cruise Dec 3rd and Dec 4th I have a sonogram to go to with the wife.

So anytime after that is good for myself. Even the third week will be fine.

As for locations, I'm good to go anywhere in the Gulf Shores area to Destin or Morrison/Vortex Springs.

So count me in.

Michael

Hey guys and of course Ladies Denis here seems serious on this endeavor. We all come here from time to time looking for a dive buddy or to see just what is occurring along our coast. We have a crab Crawl thanks to Paul which he admits himself trying to organize you all can be a pain.

Sea Yoda and his group had a cool Halloween bash and some of the other had made a hunted dive up north. It would be nice if we could pull together and organize a group to put some of these type of get together’s. Not just the dive part either we could have fish fries,(we have a few SpearO:s here) organize road trips,(Manatees) and so much more

Heck we may even get Gary or Chas to give us some discounts on group boat dives if we can book enough of them.

Myself and Shane would look forward to given it a go

Of course we need a name for this group

Thanks Tom, your help is much appreciated. Your ideas are great!
But naming us, now that is another matter. Getting this bunch to agree to a name may be as hard as getting them to commit to a time and place! Sounds like a good idea for another thread.

denisegg,

Also, if there is anything I can do to help, please let me know. I don't know the area's around LA or NF, but I sit in front of a computer all day. :) I'll be more than happy to look stuff up and call places if need be.

Michael

I consider ScubaBoard a dive club :D

I agree with Mat, and the name is already there as well,
Heck We have already had group functions. Crab Grab, Oriskany Trip and several get togethers.,

algulfdiver:
I agree with Mat, and the name is already there as well,
Heck We have already had group functions. Crab Grab, Oriskany Trip and several get togethers.,

Ouch now that was a burn. :D I can understand I believe what she is after, I do believe she is after a more organized group of divers with monthly get togethers and outings. I don’t believe her intent was to horn in on any of the already in placed activities members of the Scuba Board has in place.

By spring time I will have five family members certified and would enjoy getting together on monthly outings with them with a group

I surely don't think it was meant as a burn in any manner.

ScubaBoard, and if you want to be more specific the Dixie Divers and FL Conch Divers(Especially the North FL subforum) are composed mostly of divers that have dived with each other on several occasions and dive with each often several times a month. The dives are organized on the board, often schedules will change to accomodate the majority. We all welcome newer divers and show them new spots that perhaps haven't dived, or even known about. The powers that be at ScubaBoard have provided us a wonderfull median to reach other divers in the same area and organize dives and events.

I'm not sure if there would be any benefit over whats already in place by getting several divers(that would probably be diving together anyway) and calling it a dive club.

Don't get me wrong, if you guys want to start a club, go for it. I'll be at every event that I can make and will happily keep you updated on site conditions and best possible dive locations. To me, it'd just seem like another ScubaBoard get-together :)

Back
Top Bottom