Local Dive Group

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you Tom,
That is exactly what I was talking about. This would not take the place of events that are already going on. I would like to be a part of those also. With our busy schedules, if you know in advance that every 2nd weekend we will get together as a group and dive, you could schedule other flexible things around that time and perhaps more divers would be able to participate. My son Andy wants someone his own age to go diving with besides "mom" and we can't always afford a charter everytime we go. Our diving has mostly been Vortex Springs and in the Keys during vacations, except our training check out dives in the gulf with instructors. I am still not comfortable with us going alone to springs or shore dives we have never been on before. And it is so much more fun to dive with a group of buddies. The most fun I ever had diving was a planned group trip to Deerfield Beach. I don't mean to offend anyone. My brain just works better on a schedule. I guess it is the accountant in me.

denisegg:
Thank you Tom,
That is exactly what I was talking about. This would not take the place of events that are already going on. I would like to be a part of those also. With our busy schedules, if you know in advance that every 2nd weekend we will get together as a group and dive, you could schedule other flexible things around that time and perhaps more divers would be able to participate. My son Andy wants someone his own age to go diving with besides "mom" and we can't always afford a charter everytime we go. Our diving has mostly been Vortex Springs and in the Keys during vacations, except our training check out dives in the gulf with instructors. I am still not comfortable with us going alone to springs or shore dives we have never been on before. And it is so much more fun to dive with a group of buddies. The most fun I ever had diving was a planned group trip to Deerfield Beach. I don't mean to offend anyone. My brain just works better on a schedule. I guess it is the accountant in me.

Personal question. How old is your son? I have a 22 year old right up the road at Auburn. He might be interested once this weekend is over.
Howard

SuPrBuGmAn:
I surely don't think it was meant as a burn in any manner.

ScubaBoard, and if you want to be more specific the Dixie Divers and FL Conch Divers(Especially the North FL subforum) are composed mostly of divers that have dived with each other on several occasions and dive with each often several times a month. The dives are organized on the board, often schedules will change to accomodate the majority. We all welcome newer divers and show them new spots that perhaps haven't dived, or even known about. The powers that be at ScubaBoard have provided us a wonderfull median to reach other divers in the same area and organize dives and events.

I'm not sure if there would be any benefit over whats already in place by getting several divers(that would probably be diving together anyway) and calling it a dive club.

Don't get me wrong, if you guys want to start a club, go for it. I'll be at every event that I can make and will happily keep you updated on site conditions and best possible dive locations. To me, it'd just seem like another ScubaBoard get-together :)

Oh, sure, but if the "meetings" are held at Sally's or Hooters, Mat will be there with fins on!

Think of it more like the Aqua Aces meetings, where they eat and talk about diving, rather than diving and talking about eating! Then, you get into your vehicle, drive across the street and jump in the water.

Howard,
Andy will be 18 next month. He is a senior in high school and hopes to go to Auburn next year. He is working on scholarships right now. It would be great for him to know someone there to dive with.

philmottrek99and02:
Personal question. How old is your son? I have a 22 year old right up the road at Auburn. He might be interested once this weekend is over.
Howard

Doesn't your daughter wanna start diving? :crafty:

denisegg:
Howard,
Andy will be 18 next month. He is a senior in high school and hopes to go to Auburn next year. He is working on scholarships right now. It would be great for him to know someone there to dive with.

My 17 year old daughter has her OW package now studying it.(Down bugman her daddy he pack a gun:D ) Shane is 22 and Mike will be here in about a month after his tour is over Marine corps he is 19. I don’t know if he can still dive or not do to a head injury do to explosion. But is bugging me to death to go diving.

Me and my brother in law are putting together a 33" sport fisherman for diving next summer And I just purchased a large cruiser with a nice cabin equipt with a sleeping quarter and a small dinning area .You and your son are more than welcome to tag along with us this summer. on some dive getaways and fishing trips. Were putting these together for pleasure only and of course Spearfishing fun

Mat my reply to Gary was in jest hence the big grinning head icon. My bad I was watching the 70's show as I was writing it LOL. There can be no group of kids that dumb

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom