Local Dive Group

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At this point, its too early to tell. I'll letcha know when I find out though :)

It would be nice to have a get together sometime over the holidays for us new guys to meet the rest of you who dive together from the board. Do you guys have anything like this already set up?

I usually have ~ week off between Christmas and New Years, dove with ScubaBoarders the year before last during this period. Last year, the water was blown out I think? Can't remember...

Sounds good. We should be able to do something that week also.

Everyone is Invited!

[SuPrBuGmAn] I usually have ~ week off between Christmas and New Years, dove with ScubaBoarders the year before last during this period. Last year, the water was blown out I think? Can't remember...[/quote]

Okay guys and gals, can we try to get together during this week? I KNOW this is wayyyyy in advance for some of you but surely you have "some" idea already about what you are doing this week.:D New Year's eve is Sunday, so if we could get together Saturday, that wouldn't interfere with all of those big new year's eve party plans.

[SuPrBuGmAn] Gulf State Park has camping and pavillions and grills. Diving at the Pier, Whiskey, Jetties(when tides are more forgiving), or some of the other beach dives...[/quote]

How about trying this location? We can try beach diving am/pm or both if the conditions are favorable, go to a restaurant after the dive. There are camping facilities and of course hotels around for those wanting to spend the night. Even if the diving is totally "not doable", we can still go get something to eat and meet everyone.

I am going to keep bugging you all, so you might as well give in and "COMMIT":)

During my week off, I have plenty of time to dive(especially locally) or if conditions are just crap, I can certainly eat and talk about diving :D

I don’t drink much maybe a six pac a month but usually around New Years I’m doing the Bourbon Street crawl. I love to go over there to photograph street scenes and the Garden district. I was hoping for New York this year but that’s not looking to good unless some contracts come through. Where does everyone spend the New Years?

Sounds like a great idea......

I have my daughter the week before Christmas...so the week after I am free to do whatever I like... And I do like to dive (contrary to the latest rumor mill..:wink: )

I am up for whatever.. Another dive or two on the O' would be good, springs good...ocean good...water good....

So I guess what I am saying is that you wont have to twist my arm...

D,
Thanks for organizing this event. My regrets as I have other obligations planned already for that week.
Howard

Staying local for New Years, no diving for me on the 1st, thats for sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom