Local grinds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa:
If you could get a special local treat to eat right now....what would it be?
Me, I'd could go for a Kalua Pork sandwich :eyebrow:

A Moco Loco would fill the need. Had one on Kauai, I believe in Kapaa. :11ztongue

since somebody brought the giovannies shrimp truck, i thought i'd share what i feel about the "world famous" shrimp shack (different than giovannies). don't waste your money. 9 bucks gets you about 6 greasy, bland, pan fried shrimp with 1 scoop of rice. they put garlic butter on it as a sauce. i was not impressed, but i am from louisiana were most seafood has lots of flavor. if you drive up the windward coast you can't miss all the signs. did i mention the shrimp weren't even peeled? nope. so you get greasy hands too.

The Kanaka from Big Kahuna's is one of my favorites too but I could go for a Barbeque Chicken plate lunch from L&L.

I live on Maui, but grew up on Oahu - What I really miss is ZIPPY's - Coming soon they keep telling me . . . so in the mean time I'll stick with a good loco moco (Sam Choy's is good - but you just can't beat loco-moco from a mom&pop shop - where the gravy really sticks to your ribs the rice is diamond g and they put a nice thick slice of SPAM - the real kind non of that imitation luncheon meat stuff- on top of everything, hamburger and all . . . )

Hey Al, if you have only had purple poi - no wonder you don't like it - gotta get the one that's been cooked right - good poi is always brown - means it's been cooked long enough for the starch to break down into sugar - soooo sweet (no sugar added)- and the perfect food for a long day of physical activity (you don't get hungry for hours after a good bowl of poi) b ut i like mine really fresh - as in still warm. . .

now I'm getting hungry - and I just finished breakfast . . .only pancakes today :(

justleesa,

Make mine a chili rice plate lunch with a side order of BBQ from Rainbow Drive-in on Kapahula Ave. It makes my mouth water just to think about it.

Rickg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom