Local grinds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kua Aina sandwich shop has an Ahi sandwich, the original is on the north shore, I go for the burger.

I stopped eating at Chucks and switched to Outback the second time I got instant mashed potatoes. The Chart house behind the outback is a bit overpriced but has a nice atmosphere and there's a pretty good bar underneath. An after dinner walk around the marina tops it off.

that's it..my favorite.

but...no beer..can you believe that?
Yes...we like OUtback too. We actually split the Outback Special all the time. Now...that's a nice beer.

If 100 posters reply to this, you'll get 100 different recommendations. There are LOTS and LOTS of good eats on Oahu.

"Plate Lunch" almost anywhere

For "fine dining:"
Crouching Lion
51-666 Kamehameha Hwy, Kaaawa
808-237-8511

catherine96821:
Oh..but Waikiki: Chuck's Steak House, Phuket Thai, Cheescake Factory, Dukes on Sunday, LUNCH: Gordon Bierch at Aloha Tower,

Ooooo Chuck's Steak House.... yummmm.... heard a lot of good things about that place :D

Gordon Bierch is always good... love the garlic fries! :popcorn:

Thanks for all the tips, guys! I'm getting so hungry I could eat my shoes, right now.

OK, if we do opt for a night of fine dining, does that mean I need to pack something other than shorts and t shirts?

catherine96821:
but...no beer..can you believe that?
I didn't know that was legal in any state. Can I bring my own? :wink:

catherine96821:
um....don't listen to those guys.

hot dog stand in front of Home depot? really, Tom

Yes, listen!!!

I think I'm in love. I had two of those dogs yesterday (shopping for stuff for the new house) and I can't wait to get more.

Whats your forte? I would guide you to more local style eats (hawaiian, japanese, etc)

Ono Hawaiian Food (kapahulu)- Traditional hawaiian grinds. This is my personal favorite after a morning dive.
Izakaya Nonbei (kapahulu)- Japanese. Lots of small dishes served appetizer style.
Takuri Tei (kapahulu) - Sushi Bar/Izakaya Super casual, large large menu be prepared to try some new things.

Keawe Grill (King Street) Super good burgers cooked on traditional keawe wood grill. Also have korean style bbq (pork chops, bbq chicken, kal-bi (korean short rib), Buffalo burgers..angus burgers...kobe burgers.

-Hy's Steakhouse in Waikiki is pretty damn good. Not your usual steak house.

Egg's N' Things in Waikiki is real good for breakfast. Always packed full though, but no 5$ bacon. haha.

Mai Tai bar in Ala Moana is a fun daytime spot for drinks and eats. Top floor open air large patio style bar, decent view. Plasma screens and live music day/night. Nighttime is very crowded on weekends, usually weeknights too. Beer selection is a bit weak, but doable.

If you wanna go big, go to Roys in Hawaii Kai.

Sam Choys by the harbor is also a fun place to eat. Casual, seafood, steak, local concoctions...all around good. The Sam Choy Restaurant on kapahulu is more fancy dining, but also good.

Keo's Thai in waikiki. WooHoo. Some smaller thai places do it better, but this place is kinda legendary.

Wahoo's Fish Tacos in Ward.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom