Local Vancouver conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Les:
Just wondering how the vis and surface debris has been since all of this stormy weather.

There's this wierd, flaky, white debris all over the surface. I thought we banished that stuff to the mountains?

SeanQ:
There's this wierd, flaky, white debris all over the surface. I thought we banished that stuff to the mountains?

This is nice, let it snow. We dove Whytecliff on SAT and when we came out on our second dive, it was snowing heavily. Our lights reflected off the snow and it was cool. Snow diving:D

And I will take snow over rain any day.

Well, we didn't quite make it. One of our DM, Wes, text me at 8am to let me know that there was a bad accident right the exit 2 on the highway. 4 car pile up with an 8 patient transfer and the highway was closed.

So we were left toying with the idea of sitting in traffic for a long time to get to Porteau where the entry would be easier or drving to Whytecliff or Copper where the entry would be a little trickier with the snow.

We decided to blow it off and sat around talking about diving instead.

BTW, on Saturday Wes and I did a beautiful dive down to 160 for 25 min at the cut and deco'd our way out for a total dive time of 59 min. The dive with done on KISS rebreathers and trimix. The sponges are stunning at that depth. Some big as cars. But all are healthy and covered in fishing lines....sigh. Can't wait to go back.

Henry

Henry, sounds awesome. I would LOVE to see the cut at that depth and check the sponges out. But I don't have the training for it yet. :(

Training. Training. Training. Now that you've been through the Bil's school of hard knocks, you know what we go through on our dives. There isn't much you have to do to get to that depth.

Advanced nitrox and deco procedure is easy. Just have to know the math and the diving is not that hard. When you are done with that, normoxic trimix is the next step and hypoxic trimix is not that much different.

Just go diving. Lots.

And stop diving single tanks with a twins wing. :)

I did! I did stop diving single tanks with a twins wing! I got myself a 30lb wing. It is much nicer. :D

I would love to take advanced nitrox and deco procedures, but I am dead broke at the moment and just can't afford it.

Edited because apparently, I can't type.

Dead broke? I thought you were working 3 jobs and 7 days a week? ;-)

BTW, we are heading over to Victoria to dive the Mackenzie on Sunday, Dec 3rd. It's a hundred bucks. It will be nice because it's not a wreck we dive often. Wanna come?

This invitation is open to anyone else that rather boat dive then have to walk down the frozen ramp at Whytecliff.

Henry

Which is this mysterious shop you represent on the shore?

Just moved back to Vancouver, and looking for a shop to hook up with and spend lots of money at... hehe.

How is the local dive shop situation in Vancover now compared to scubatoys or scuba dot dom?

Henry, you and your KISS. Not fair. All in good time, I'll be tagging along on those dives too. For now, I'll keep heaving the twins. I'm trying to get in on the Mackenzie trip, but lifes been hectic recently and I need to see if I can swing it. Will be calling to confirm.

The dive shop is "The Edge Dive Center" in North Van. Maybe it's time to update your sig Henry :D

Back
Top Bottom