Location of pee valve exit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hawkeyegregg

Registered
Reaction score
I just got a dry suit and based on my wet suit diving I am going to be in serious need of a pee valve. I have done a search here and found info on making my own but I don't know where to install the valve to the suit. Can anyone help me?

left leg, about half way between knee and crotch, not between your legs where it would rub and not on the front of your thigh where it would stick out but rather somewhere in the middle where it's out of the way but does not rub.

You may find that you don't have quite the same urge to pee in a drysuit as you did in the wetsuit. . .

xiSkiGuy:
You may find that you don't have quite the same urge to pee in a drysuit as you did in the wetsuit. . .
No, the urge to pee when in a drysuit is MUCH GREATER!!! Having a p-valve in a drysuit is the best idea ever. It is just hard to use the first few times you need it as you are never really sure you hooked up right:D

the question everybody wants to know is... "left or right leg?"

It really depends on which way you tend to 'orient yourself.' :wink:

I put mine on my right leg about 6" below the crotch towards the inner thigh.

[edit]Oh, I mean 6" above my ankle!:D

Yeah, right leg and norprene hose comes up and forms an inverted "j" with a hook and connects to the cath.

-Bill

I just tape a 1 liter plastic bottle to myself and go in that during the dive. Works well and I dont have to worry to much except for deeper dives when the air in the bottle starts to compress

Back
Top Bottom