log book

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My understanding is any certified diver/divers with a c-card number can sign off each other.thats SSI .I'm OW and I sign my freinds,,he signs mine, he is PADI.At OW cert dives,me and my buddy signed each others..

Just sign each other's logbook. it's all good.

R..

Sign each others log book. I find many people do not keep them as time goes on but I like to go back and look at all the dives. Plus someday someone will ask about a location and I will have all the info. 80% are signed off on in my log.

I stopped getting them signed ever since I got my AOW so that OP's that accepted experience over C-cards would believe me! But if you search some old threads, log's are pretty much your own record and preference on what they contain (If you even decide to keep one)

Sign each other's and have a blast!

Last edited:
You can just sign each others books for those dives. There is no requirement that logs be signed by a divemaster or even a divebuddy for that matter. Even keeping the log is only necessary of you want to take certain training in the future.
Don't get me wrong I'm not saying that you shouldn't keep logs. Just the opposite they are excellent for documenting your experience and differing equipmet setups for the different environment you may dive in. Tracking items such as weighing for each wetsuit or fresh and saltwater changes.
As for signing the log that is optional I tend to just collect a bit of info about my buddy or instructor. Since I use a computer that has logging software once that info is in my log I can just click to add it to an individual log entry.

Sign each others if you'd like- But I've never had anyone sign my logbook, and never needed it.

I am with TC, I have never had anyone sign my log book. I will write down my buddys name along with gear/site and dive info. I am not sure why you would have to, but if it makes you feel better go ahead and sign them.

I just have my buddy sign my log book with his/her c-card number and I do the same. In order for some other c-cards you may need proof of your dives, example divemaster instructor etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom