Log dives or not

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I log my dives in detail because I enjoy it. After 300+ dives in the Great Lakes, the Northwest, California, Nova Scotia, Bahamas, Florida, Bonaire, Curacao, Great Barrier Reef and Hawaii, I have never been asked to show anybody my log book to be able to dive. All they wanted was a C-Card.

Same here. I've never been asked for a log book. I have had some skippers look over my shoulder when I've whipped mine out though. Not sure if it was curiosity as to experience level, or just fellow-diver curiosity.

Tom

I went diving in off the coast of Poole, England. The dive shop at the Swanage Pier insisted on seeing my log book - YMCA, NAUI, and CMAS c-cards were ok, but the log book was still needed in order to get on the more advanced dives planned that day.

The thumbed through my log book, tossed it back to me, and said, ok, Let's go!

I log every dive every time and always take my logbook with me.

-skip

Hell I log mine so when the wife throws a fit and says "you always go off diving" I can look it up and say "No, I dont go every weekend! I have'nt been in three weeks!"

1. When someone on SB asks about a dive operator or water temp at a particular location it is nice to be able to refer to a log book and answer the question, besides ...

2. If you don't log it, it didn't happen.

3. #2 is especially important in reminding oneself not to repeat mistakes.

I log each dive, but NEVER take it on dive trips. What if it would get lost? And, esp when going to Bonaire on DAE airlines with their extreme baggage restrictions--too much bulk. I just take a handful of blank pages to fill out on the trip. All you need is your c-card. Even a copy of it has worked.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom