Log dives or not

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

should dives be logged for history and memory

could go either way on that one..I really quit about 20 years ago, but recently got a new log going......Guess it's better.............GEAUX TIGERS..............

Lost about 50 dives, book got destroyed. Now everything is on Excel with multiple copies.

What kind of format do you use for your excel logs? I was thinking about doing this as a backup for my paper log. Any chance of getting a copy of your excel blueprint? Thanks!

Lost about 50 dives, book got destroyed. Now everything is on Excel with multiple copies.

I was thinking about doing this as a backup for my paper log book. What is your sheet design? Any chance I can get a copy of your excel blueprint? Thanks!

Ummm... how do you delete posts? hehehe

I scan my logs and back up on disk.
Idivetrain taught us that it would be hard to build your log book back up. (people you dive with might have moved)
and most places want to see your proof, or your could be sol. on a trip

Idivetrain taught us that it would be hard to build your log book back up. (people you dive with might have moved)
and most places want to see your proof, or your could be sol. on a trip

I log my dives in detail because I enjoy it. After 300+ dives in the Great Lakes, the Northwest, California, Nova Scotia, Bahamas, Florida, Bonaire, Curacao, Great Barrier Reef and Hawaii, I have never been asked to show anybody my log book to be able to dive. All they wanted was a C-Card.

Having said that, there certainly may be places that want to see a log book, I've just never come across it.

I don't really log, just download from computer and add the dive site names. My real logs are the photos I take.

Z..

Hey sure ill shoot you that log template.

I dont have my OW checkout dives filled in, could this be a problem?
Have you received your C-card? If so you should be ok. But if for some reason (i.e. lazy instructor, dive store going out of business, etc...) your only proof of your check out dives would be those logs.

Back
Top Bottom