Logging Dives In Dive Log

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I write it in my log Sans a buddy signature and then even post a report here at SB.

I think people enjoy hearing about a good solo dive no matter what they say in public.

I beleive Tennessee William wrote a line something like this...

"Caged birds accept each other but flight is what they long for."

( Oh Lord the Buddy Nazis are after me now :shakehead )

There isn't a place on my custom log pages for a signature, but I do have a small area to note who my buddy was. Occasionally, this line will include the name of a diver with whom I shared a buddy dive, but often, it includes a pseudonym I use for solo dives. I just don't like leaving the line blank. :D

Perhaps I'm a bit too diplomatic, but using the pseudonym may avoid anti-solo prejudice on a hypothetical logbook-checking boat, and if there's a hypothetical logbook-checking solo-friendly boat, they'll get a real kick out of it when I point out the hideous pun the pseudonym is.

Of course, the real reason for using it is so I can chuckle at remembering the eye-rolling sigh my significant buddy gave when I told her about it just before she flew out to Japan for her English-teaching tour of duty. For some reason, she doesn't have as great an appreciation for bad puns as I.

I gave up on the log books that were available and went to the computer (microsoft word) and came up with my own format, I like to include maps and other information in the format (the best of what I've found in all the log books I've seen) and I put a space in there for solo and it gets checked most frequently. Design your own, it's easy with today's technology.

Just like if there's no one in the forest when a tree falls to hear it, then it doesn't make a sound - if there's no one there to witness the dive then it didn't happen. No reason to log it so no signature needed... :wink:

DeepBound:
I sign it myself (like you might sign any paperwork you fill in) and where it has checkboxes for "buddy, instructor, DM" i write *ME*
:D

Mine doesn't ask for "instructor, buddy, DM" but I sign it myself too. That way at least, there's no "blank spots" to catch the eye of anyone suspicious who might be thumbing through my logbook :D

ChrisCrash:
Hello if you solo dive, how do you log dives in your book? You have no buddie to sign it so how do you do it?
Cheers CHris
I don't have anyone sign any of my log entries. If, for some really weird reason, I needed signatures, I can always make some up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom