Logging in

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SaltyKSue

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
How come I have to log in every time I get on the board now? That is, if I want to reply to a post or look in to my account or get in to ask you this question. Otherwise it says I am guest and have to register. I have clicked the box that asks if I want it to remember me. But, it doesn't.
What up? Is anyone else having this problem?
I never had to keep doing this before. It just started happening the last few days.

Tech Admin:
Try clearing your browser's cookies completely. When you get back to the board login via www.scubaboard.com/forums.php and be sure to check the "Remember Me" box.
Hate to tell you but, I am totally computer illiterate. I've heard cookies mentioned before but have zero clue as to what they are or how to find them or anything. Anyway someone can give me step by step instructions?

Scuba.ksue:
I've heard cookies mentioned before but have zero clue as to what they are or how to find them or anything.

...try your local supermarket - chocolate chip cookies are the best ! :D

anyway......settings depends on your web browser:

if using Firefox
Tools->Options->Privacy and set to "Allow sites to set cookies" - probably better to also set "for originating website only"

......if using internet explorer:
Tools -> Internet Options
If you want to Delete All Cookies, on the "General Tab" there is a "Delete Cookies" button.

That should clear up any unwanted cookies.

In order to automatically log in and stay logged in, you then want to "allow" cookies to be stored.....
Tools->Internet Options then select the "Privacy" Tab ..should be somewhere in there

stu_in_fl:
...try your local supermarket - chocolate chip cookies are the best ! :D

anyway......settings depends on your web browser:

if using Firefox
Tools->Options->Privacy and set to "Allow sites to set cookies" - probably better to also set "for originating website only"

......if using internet explorer:
Tools -> Internet Options
If you want to Delete All Cookies, on the "General Tab" there is a "Delete Cookies" button.

That should clear up any unwanted cookies.

In order to automatically log in and stay logged in, you then want to "allow" cookies to be stored.....
Tools->Internet Options then select the "Privacy" Tab ..should be somewhere in there
Hey Stu,
It worked!! Thank you so much for holding my hand on this, I really appreciate it.
Can't wait to see ya!!
Karen
P.S. The cookies were great-but the muffins will be even better :az:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom