Lol... Discovery's Dual Survival... Single tank cave diving.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That was one of the shows I actually was starting to like. Now they have to go and F it all up. The contrast between the two styles was interesting to watch. Seeing how they began to compliment each other's weaknesses was a good lesson for developing buddy skills. Now I'm gonna have to watch it, get disgusted, fire off an email, and finally get rid of everything but basic cable. My GF has basic, Netflix, and can watch most of the rest on the comp. I even have a big monitor for doing stuff like that. I knew this was going to happen when they came up with the one with the husband and wife BS show. I'm friggin depressed now.

I always just let a little water in, slosh it around and then clear the mask. My mask doesn't fog that often, but when it does that method works every time.

Magnets are dumb.

But I can sell you special water that you put in your mask just before the dive, sloshes better and absorbs more fog! Price is very reasonable, and it's even environmentally friendly!

That was one of the shows I actually was starting to like. Now they have to go and F it all up. The contrast between the two styles was interesting to watch. Seeing how they began to compliment each other's weaknesses was a good lesson for developing buddy skills. Now I'm gonna have to watch it, get disgusted, fire off an email, and finally get rid of everything but basic cable. My GF has basic, Netflix, and can watch most of the rest on the comp. I even have a big monitor for doing stuff like that. I knew this was going to happen when they came up with the one with the husband and wife BS show. I'm friggin depressed now.

I went and watched the whole thing for you, and if fairness, it wasn't half bad. Sure the diving gear was ridiculous as an example of what someone would use for cave diving and the "survival experts" had clothing which for one of them included boots, but from that point on it was a pretty straight forward survival show about improvised shelters, fire starting, scavenging for food and the like and unlike some shows neither of the hosts appeared completely incompetent.

As far as intelligence and plausibility goes it beat any episode of "Man vs. Wild" by about a mile.

Sad, hopefully no one actually takes this episode seriously. We do not need to see any more fatalities of divers diving outside of their training and with the wrong gear.

Carolyn:shark2:

Sad, hopefully no one actually takes this episode seriously. We do not need to see any more fatalities of divers diving outside of their training and with the wrong gear.

I'd actually like to see someone attempt to dive in combat boots. :blinking:

I'd actually like to see someone attempt to dive in combat boots. :blinking:

I was kinda hoping to see 'em make a successful cave penetration by stopping in the jungle for a bit, building a tank cascade from hollowed out coconuts, bamboo tubing, and compressing air back into their depleted tanks by having bats frantically beating their little wings directly above open tank valves, forcing air in at 3000 psi.....:)

I went and watched the whole thing for you, and if fairness, it wasn't half bad. Sure the diving gear was ridiculous as an example of what someone would use for cave diving and the "survival experts" had clothing which for one of them included boots, but from that point on it was a pretty straight forward survival show about improvised shelters, fire starting, scavenging for food and the like and unlike some shows neither of the hosts appeared completely incompetent.

As far as intelligence and plausibility goes it beat any episode of "Man vs. Wild" by about a mile.

...my fav part of "Man vs Wild" is whenever 'Bear' eats something really disgusting and then he tries to describe to the viewers what it tastes like...hilarious!

Wtf? They just said that dive masks have magnets to prevent fogging. Seriously?

I tried the magnets for defogging thing once, but after I swam a little too close to a shipwreck I got my face almost glued to the ship's hull from the attraction, luckily I was wearing my combat boots, which offered enough traction that I could, with great difficulty, push myself away from the hull...WHEW! :D

:lol: BAHAHAHAHA!!!! :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Wtf? They just said that dive masks have magnets to prevent fogging. Seriously?

i belive the magnet he was refering to are some sort of 2 magnet system where you put one on the outsode of the lens and the other on the inside and rub them around to clear the fog. kinda like cleaning a fish tank.

Back
Top Bottom