Lol... Discovery's Dual Survival... Single tank cave diving.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm new to the board so I can't post links yet, but if you search on youtube for:

'Dual Survival Season1 Ep3 Out Of Air'

you'll find the entire EP split up into 5 parts.

-Josh

I don't see much difference between combat boots and rock boots. I did a cave dive once with deck shoes. I hung my booties out to dry and forgot to collect them the next AM and had to dive with the shoes I was wearing. I'm sure I looked stupid, but it was that or not dive. Fortunately, it was an easy dive without much swimming, kinda sloshy and squeeky on the way home too. I also did a dive once without a wing when I forgot that. And, many, many years ago, I even dove once with a piece of rope tied around the neck of a tank when there weren't enough BCs for everyone to get in the water. And, when I worked on the Abyss, I made a set of doubles with duct tape. Anybody can dive with a full set of gear, but the real challenge is how do you handle an out-of-gear situation, LOL.

Deck shoes and combat boots are a little different.

Think this:

merchant.mvc

Corcoran Combat Boots 985

Now imagine yourself trying to fin with those. It's rather impossible. No ankle movement allowed.

Where do we try out for the show? I've got a nice broke-in pair of combat boots, old bdu's. Wonder if you fill those tanks back up by blowing real hard on them through the high pressure hose when it's cold out? Then, you can get more moecules of air in there and when it expands it would be compressed air? Ok, sorry dumb idea but is it really any dumber than the magnets?

I have to admit that in some cases you need to improvise if the only other option is to cancel the dive. Went diving last summer, forgot my dive boots. Wearing thong sandals so that was not an option. Bought a $20 pair of rubber boots from Walmart nearby...looks stupid but works perfectly fine! Actually better to protect feet from mussels and oyster cuts than my normal dive boots. Maybe we should have a thread for "which dive gear did you have to improvise to avoid canceling your dive?"

Back
Top Bottom